5/16 Local Loop After Work Ride

Tpoppa

Let try this again after the aborted 5/11 ride.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=103657

I'll be riding a local loop tomorrow at 6:15p. It's about 60 miles. It will start and end at the BP at OH82/US77 in Broadview Heights. It's midway between Cleveland and Akron.

This will be an easy/moderate pace ride through a few local twisty roads. I consider this a 'jeans' pace...helmet, jacket, & gloves are still a REALLY good idea. These are probably the only decent curves in the area. Part of it will be through the park and there are occasionally LEOs so the pace will be sane but still entertaining.

Be there by 6, gassed and ready to roll by 6:15.

update: There are a few BP's in the area. To avoid any confusion we are meeting at

4774 Royalton Rd

Broadview Heights, OH 44141

It's on 82, right off the 77 exit, across from Stonewall.

Edited by Tpoppa

Hope you can make it.

I should add this would be a good ride if anyone is practicing technique or wanting tips for being smoother/quicker or just looking for group riding experience. The pace won't be 'hot' like many of the SEO rides.

Hope you can make it.

I should add this would be a good ride if anyone is practicing technique or wanting tips for being smoother/quicker or just looking for group riding experience. The pace won't be 'hot' like many of the SEO rides.

Wouldnt be a bad idea to have a few SEO rides like this to get some new riders some experience. Maybe have a couple fast guys like UP sweep and give some tips.

Edited by Jester_

Wouldnt be a bad idea to have a few SEO rides like this to get some new riders some experience. Maybe have a couple fast guys like UP sweep and give some tips.

The issue with a slower pace SEO ride is the length of time it would take. From Cleveland it's a 400-500 mile day. At a 'hot' pace with just a few short stops it's a 9 or 10 hour ride. At a slower pace with more frequent stops for discussion you're looking at 12+ hours. Not saying it couldn't happen, but you would probably need to be on the road by 7am and get back after dark.

True... it would be a PITA. I keep forgetting you guys are a little further north than I am.

UP is even further, but maybe you can convince him :)

For me, the good SEO roads are so far away. If I want to get the good stuff the pace has to be pretty quick with minimal stopping or the day just gets too long. I always seem to have a bunch of responsibilities waiting for me when I get home.

Edited by Tpoppa

Don't need to go all the way to the Ohio River to hit good roads for us Northerners. An easy half day trip is to just ride to Loudenville and surrounding areas. Im going to try a ride to the Big Muskie Bucket and back Saturday.

Don't need to go all the way to the Ohio River to hit good roads for us Northerners. An easy half day trip is to just ride to Loudenville and surrounding areas. Im going to try a ride to the Big Muskie Bucket and back Saturday.

That area is good, there are also a few hidden gems in Holmes county (heart of Amish country), and also around Coshocton. If I have enough time, my preference is always SEO or nearby WV. More curves, less traffic, and fewer LEOs :)

i'm pretty sure i'm in for this. when i'm on my way, or if i can't make it, i'll send you a text.

i'll be riding slow on my slow ugly butthole looking bike

i'm pretty sure i'm in for this. when i'm on my way, or if i can't make it, i'll send you a text.

i'll be riding slow on my slow ugly butthole looking bike

Cool. We'll ride some of your queer motogp fantasy route.