Camping Around Mohican?

CleaveTheGreat

Looking to go camping and do some canoeing on the Mohican river one weekend this summer. It will most likely be myself, the girlfriend and 4-5 friends. Has anyone camped in the area and can recommend a campground? Ideally I would like a place that isn't overpopulated with children but that seems highly unlikely from what I've read online. We'd be staying Friday and Saturday night so I'm thinking I'll need to book this pretty soon. Oh and we will be tent camping, not in an RV.

Edited by CleaveTheGreat

Obnoxious as in tons of children? Or loud, drunk obnoxious adults?

More so with all the families, my neighbors go up all the time and have never complained about loud drunks. Head down to the Smokey Mountains, that would be so much worth the drive!!!

I wish I could remember the place we stayed back in the day. Probably about 8-9 years ago in Mohican and it was great cause we had a group of about 20 18-20 year olds and we were the youngest by far and probably the least rowdy. The best part is we caught one of the employees "spying" on a couple of the girls and not only did we get to make him piss his pants, but we also didn't have to pay a dime for the whole weekend

More so with all the families, my neighbors go up all the time and have never complained about loud drunks. Head down to the Smokey Mountains, that would be so much worth the drive!!!

That would definitely be way better but I don't have the vacation time to make it worthwhile.

I wish I could remember the place we stayed back in the day. Probably about 8-9 years ago in Mohican and it was great cause we had a group of about 20 18-20 year olds and we were the youngest by far and probably the least rowdy. The best part is we caught one of the employees "spying" on a couple of the girls and not only did we get to make him piss his pants, but we also didn't have to pay a dime for the whole weekend

Lol nice. I could only hope to get so lucky.

Found some deal breakers for ya buddy  

1. Open display of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Please keep your alcoholic beverage in an insulated cup or cup holder, whether at your site or at a resort event. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in pool area or at certain resort events. Do not operate your golf cart if intoxicated.
  2. Firearms, weapons and fireworks are prohibited. No hunting. Legal firearms must be secured inside an RV or vehicle and may not be carried on the resort

Edited by Cdubyah

My family goes up there to camp for a long weekend every year. Our kids can float on river raft tubes, and the adults can float while having a few beers. We do use a floating cooler and solo cups. We always have a lot of fun. FWIW, we usually camp at the state camp ground.

Found some deal breakers for ya buddy  

1. Open display of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Please keep your alcoholic beverage in an insulated cup or cup holder, whether at your site or at a resort event. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in pool area or at certain resort events. Do not operate your golf cart if intoxicated.
  2. Firearms, weapons and fireworks are prohibited. No hunting. Legal firearms must be secured inside an RV or vehicle and may not be carried on the resort

Well that could be an issue...