Music Review- Miss May I-at Heart

oldschoolsdime92

My review this week is going to be from a band local to me. These dudes graduated high school a few years after I did. Just some troy boys who made it big.I love that they stuck with it and kept the dream alive and never gave up. This ain't your grandmas easy listening.  

They have a little older sound to them compared to some of the other bands, which is why they stand out to me. I love that they can quickly go from your normal metal growl, to some nice vocals. Much like Avenged Sevenfold.What stands out to me about this particular band is that their lyrics have a positive feel most of the time. Some metal just drags you down. This pumps me up, and makes me want to go raise hell!  This particular album is pretty darn good.  Heres a live video of one of my favorite songs on the album-

Hey Mister

Heres the official video for " Hey mister"

For those of you who say" I cant understand what they are saying"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSG3v0GtHkM

This particular song is hits home for alot of kids these days. Its a shame how many dead beat parents that are out there. anywho; On with this..

I really dig this song, because it starts off showing of the other side of there vocal talent. I love that they can actually sing.

Anyways, thats all I have this week. =) 

• Upvote 2

My review this week is going to be from a band local to me. These dudes graduated high school a few years after I did. Just some troy boys who made it big.I love that they stuck with it and kept the dream alive and never gave up. This ain't your grandmas easy listening.  

They have a little older sound to them compared to some of the other bands, which is why they stand out to me. I love that they can quickly go from your normal metal growl, to some nice vocals. Much like Avenged Sevenfold.What stands out to me about this particular band is that their lyrics have a positive feel most of the time. Some metal just drags you down. This pumps me up, and makes me want to go raise hell!  This particular album is pretty darn good.  Heres a live video of one of my favorite songs on the album-

Hey Mister

Heres the official video for " Hey mister"

For those of you who say" I cant understand what they are saying"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSG3v0GtHkM

This particular song is hits home for alot of kids these days. Its a shame how many dead beat parents that are out there. anywho; On with this..

I really dig this song, because it starts off showing of the other side of there vocal talent. I love that they can actually sing.

Anyways, thats all I have this week. =) 

Happy you're doing these bro, gets more people exposed to what we dig. We've got similar tastes, but I'm stingy with sharing in my listening pleasures, so I fail to help promote newer/undiscovered groups like you're doing here.

Another great local band to us ( Devil Wears Prada, Woe of Tyrants ) that is "happening" in the industry. First met these guys a couple years ago when our bassist's other band shared rehearsal space with them in Troy. Fun guys, heavy material, and good energy. Glad to see them progress and get some funding behind them. I think they are coming into the genre a little late to truly explode in the market with so many other bands splitting the share, but they're just as pro as any other group doing this same gig. I like their style

Edited by Hellmutt

Appreciate the props. I'm planning to do a different genre each week, just to keep a wide variety going. I agree with you when you say they are alittle late. There are so many "metal bands" out there, its hard to stand out. I feel your band, the reefer hut is one of those under rated bands. I can't wait to hear your new material..

Appreciate the props. I'm planning to do a different genre each week, just to keep a wide variety going. I agree with you when you say they are alittle late. There are so many "metal bands" out there, its hard to stand out. I feel your band, the reefer hut is one of those under rated bands. I can't wait to hear your new material..

Thanx man, I truly hope you dig the new material......but the new Hut isn't like the old "gateway metal band" we used to be with the rap, hardcore, and metal all twirled up in a sundae with nuts. The new stuff is straight dropkick-to-the-throat metalcore with the ever-technical drum prowess from almighty Brian Harris. It's so nice having a professional drummer, makes writing new material a plate of cake! He and Adam make our band what it is. Neil, Eric, and I are just whipped topping :D

Coworker and I were talking about the good old days. Seemed like the whole are was bound to explode. There is a lot of talent floating around the area.

I get a massive kick watching Harris play drums guy is a beast. Can't wait to hear new Hut material.

• Upvote 2

Coworker and I were talking about the good old days. Seemed like the whole are was bound to explode. There is a lot of talent floating around the area.

Ah, yes.....the good ol days.....back when we all believed our local bands were going to get signed, get rich, and tour the planet doing what we loved! Sadly, our metal scene has died off in the bars and clubs in the last decade. All ages shows draw tons of local teens, but the age 20-30 crowds aren't as abundant as when we were that age. I miss those carefree aspirations sometimes, especially now that the bands are just fun hobbies. But age and responsibilities have extinguished any dreams of being a rockstar :D

I get a massive kick watching Harris play drums guy is a beast. Can't wait to hear new Hut material.

He makes crazy drumwork appear effortless doesn't he? Sickening that it comes that naturally to him LOL, but he's been at it for 30+ years so he'd better have a clue :D

Humble as he is, it's hard to believe he's toured the U.S. and parts of Europe ( Fear Factory tour ), does studio session work with several bands here in the states and overseas, been signed several times, and almost had the drummer position with Machine Head years ago ( just before The Burning Red album ). Cant pass up the chance to jam with him, and really want to do some studio work with just he and I eventually so I'll have some home cooked musick to keep for my personal collection.

We start recording in a couple weeks, gonna try a 3-4 track demo and if it sounds good enough to continue then we'll pursue the remainder of the next full length album. You guys will definitely have copies coming once they're pressed.

Ah, yes.....the good ol days.....back when we all believed our local bands were going to get signed, get rich, and tour the planet doing what we loved! Sadly, our metal scene has died off in the bars and clubs in the last decade. All ages shows draw tons of local teens, but the age 20-30 crowds aren't as abundant as when we were that age. I miss those carefree aspirations sometimes, especially now that the bands are just fun hobbies. But age and responsibilities have extinguished any dreams of being a rockstar :D

He makes crazy drumwork appear effortless doesn't he? Sickening that it comes that naturally to him LOL, but he's been at it for 30+ years so he'd better have a clue :D

Humble as he is, it's hard to believe he's toured the U.S. and parts of Europe ( Fear Factory tour ), does studio session work with several bands here in the states and overseas, been signed several times, and almost had the drummer position with Machine Head years ago ( just before The Burning Red album ). Cant pass up the chance to jam with him, and really want to do some studio work with just he and I eventually so I'll have some home cooked musick to keep for my personal collection.

We start recording in a couple weeks, gonna try a 3-4 track demo and if it sounds good enough to continue then we'll pursue the remainder of the next full length album. You guys will definitely have copies coming once they're pressed.

You can still chase the dream you just have to give up eating regularly, clean clothes, sleeping in your own bed, and regular income. But you can spend lots of time with the same dudes (no homo) and check out the seedier sections of cities across the nation. \m/

but I'm stingy with sharing in my listening pleasures, so I fail to help promote newer/undiscovered groups like you're doing here.

I am the same way. I find a band I like that not many others know about I rarely share. I haven't been in the music scene as heavily as I used to be which has resulted in lazy listening habits. I'll have to check these guys out though.

I guess I'll contribute some along this genre... even if you've heard of them...

Parkway Drive...specifically Horizons album but all their stuff is damn good. I love their guitar players.

36 Crazyfists...Tide and the Takers is an amazing disc....

Protest the Hero....Fortress and Kezia <<<<amazing..... Haven't heard anything like them and likely wont. Kezia is one of my favorite albums ever. Completely different than anything I've ever heard. Guitar players are shredders and vocals are across the board.

Hope you enjoy and look forward to more reviews.

Edited by Mykill

I am the same way. I find a band I like that not many others know about I rarely share. I haven't been in the music scene as heavily as I used to be which has resulted in lazy listening habits. I'll have to check these guys out though.

I guess I'll contribute some along this genre... even if you've heard of them...

Parkway Drive...specifically Horizons album but all their stuff is damn good. I love their guitar players.

36 Crazyfists...Tide and the Takers is an amazing disc....

Protest the Hero....Fortress and Kezia <<<<amazing..... Haven't heard anything like them and likely wont. Kezia is one of my favorite albums ever. Completely different than anything I've ever heard. Guitar players are shredders and vocals are across the board.

Hope you enjoy and look forward to more reviews.

I've never heard of any of those! Time to check them out! Thanks man!