Replacing Plywood In An Enclosed Trailer

mojocho

My Haulmark enclosed trailer apparently has a leak in the roof.  The snow over the winter must have leaked in.  Now I've got mold growing on most of the walls; white fuzzies that is dust like and at the main point some blackish mold as well.

All the screws and bolts look corroded...white colored patina.  Even the mushroom buttons on my Pit-Bull TRS are corroded white.  Never seen that before.

Considering I sleep in the trailer at the track I want to get it all cleaned up so I'm leaning toward just replacing all the wood.  honestly I don't have time to deal with this and would rather have someone just take care of it, but I'm rather fond of my money.  So any tips or things I need to watch for when removing and replacing to make this go smoother/quicker?

Is it as simple as just removing screws and dropping in 3/4" for the floors and 1/8" for the walls?  Not sure if I should replace wood on the ramp too and how difficult that would be.  The only difficulty I think would be that I have four D-Ring embedded in each of the four corners (which are also corroded).

Of course I need to fix the leak first of all.

Any advice would be welcomed

I never have nor never will consider frauding the insurance company on this or other insured products.  Not only is it illegal, but my moral standards dictate that it would not be an acceptable option.

With that said, if one wanted to do it, what would be the best method...for educational purposes.  Any videos or step-by-step instructions would be helpful...for academia...

• Upvote 1