So, The Other Day I Saw A Fellow Ohioriders.net Bike In A Parking

OhioBob

So, the other day in Hillsboro, I saw a fellow OhioRiders.net bike sitting in the parking lot of the hospital.  It was a Kawasaki ZX-6R, I believe.  I was wondering if you (owner of the bike) find this thread that you will trying and get in touch with me.  I am always looking for other riders, especially fellow OhioRiders.net.

Currently, I have a VTX1300C and a CRF450X-SM that I in the process of trying to sell so I can replace the supermoto with a sportbike.  Anyways, look me up sometime.  See you around.

Ride Hard or Stay Home,

OhioBob

• Upvote 1

PM me MJ 88 for a price.  I just posted it up on CL in Cincy forum.

It has everything and then some.  I just am not cut out for it.  I tried it, but just too much a bike for little old me.

Edited by OhioBob

And you're wanting to step up to a sportbike?

Have you ever rode a supermoto?  As a previous member said, dirtbikes in supermoto form are beasts.  They truly are a handful and then some.  If I decide to go the sportbike route, it would actually be a step down in performance vs a supermoto.  Supermoto is instant on and off power.  Don't get me wrong it is instant fun and tons of it, but I am just too crippled or too old to truly enjoy it the way it was meant to be.  I need to get rid of it to someone who can really do it justice.

And MidgetTodd, I would have if I saw your earlier post/thread.  Remember, I just got back on this forum for the first time in about six months.

Anyone interested in trading a CBR for it, PM me.  I will entertain reasonable trade offers/prices, etc.  Who knows, maybe we will both get what we want.

Edited by OhioBob

Yeah, I rode an xr650 my old boss built. Punched it out, big cams, lots of suspension work and dual Jardine cans. It was beastly but I dont think it was any crazier than my cousins 07 gsxr or any of the liter bikes ice owned or ridden.

Yes, what they said.  XR650 is a pig compared to a racing style CRF450X.  It weighs 250lbs and produces roughly 50 rwhp and 50lbs of torque that is immediately felt when you snap that throttle.  Wheelie machine, it is.  Crap the more you guys talk about this the more I am having second thoughts.  LOL   Nah, I need to get rid of it before I mess my back up worse than it is now.

I guess it would be more fun if I had a group to ride with around here and a go kart track to have track days on, but I don't.  So, I just go around town raising cain and getting all kinds of looks.  If you want a show stopper or sleeper this is the bike.  I truly believe it can wipe the floor with sportbikes up until about 60-70MPH after that then the sportbike will kick into its power range and blast past.  However, twisties are a different story too.  Youtube Tail of the Dragon and you will find many sportbikes trying their best to keep up with supermoto style bikes.

I am just looking for something that I can travel a little farther with yet have some performance still compared to my VTX.

Fz1, bandit, vfr, zrx, zzr. I was looking for a combo of sport bike performance and long ride comfort and looked heavily into the above bikes before buying my 1200 bandit. All can be fitted with luggage and all have a pretty comfy upright seating position and a kick ass liter class motor.

Yes, I have test rode a FZ1 and FZ8 which both where pretty nice, but test riding a R1 was very addicting when that motor came alive.  I can always make adjustments/mods to make it more comfy later.

Yes, I have test rode a FZ1 and FZ8 which both where pretty nice, but test riding a R1 was very addicting when that motor came alive. I can always make adjustments/mods to make it more comfy later.

It's the same motor tuned for midrange. 150 v. 180 hp. If the FZ1 isn't fast enough for you, you're a stud.

I owen a 1250 bandit and v strom 650 love both bikes but I must say the strom is more suitable for long rides and still fun in the twisties....just thought I would throw that out there