Mailman Brought Me Goodies!

Gixxus Christ!

Woke up today with lots of boxes waiting for me. Yosh rs3, dynojet kit and flush mounts. Got the pipe on and stripped off the givi rack before I had to leave for work. Man do I love the sound of a big bore four through a yosh pipe....waiting on my k&n filter before I rejet and tune. Took the bike a block up the road and back before leaving and she sounds nice. The only thing better than buying a new-to-you bike is making it your own.

IMAG0046.jpg

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

Woke up today with lots of boxes waiting for me. Yosh rs3, dynojet kit and flush mounts. Got the pipe on and stripped off the givi rack before I had to leave for work. Man do I love the sound of a big bore four through a yosh pipe....waiting on my k&n filter before I rejet and tune. Took the bike a block up the road and back before leaving and she sounds nice. The only thing better than buying a new-to-you bike is making it your own.

Posted Image

Yoshi and Suzuki go together like Shine and cherrys:p

Nice. What ya doing with the givi setup. Wonder if it could be modified to fit my triple?

Keeping it for now, I can be ready for some light touring in six bolts. Idk if you could modify for your triple, it has 4 bolts that go in where the grab rail bolts on, then 2 supports go down and bolt onto the bolts that hold the passenger pegs on....pretty bike specific.

Thanks Paul. Even tho most people say the stock suspenders are too soft, I haven't had a problem. Its possible the guy who set it up for touring also upgraded forks but the shock appears to be stock. The performance mods I have planned should boost me up over 115 hp which is probably plenty. It already has great brakes. Would love a Corbin seat but at $450 its not gonna happen right now. Will do a couple other small appearance mods, maybe a timing advance....this winter if I get bored ill slap a set of gsxr cams in, I can do that in about 2 hours.

• 1 month later...

Been a busy boy in my garage. Some cosmetic mods, HID headlight kit, and put in a busa shock. It raised the ass end of the bike about an inch, which meant the center stand no longer sat up against the bumper on the midpipe, so I had to shitcan the center stand. Ill miss the convenience for chain maintenance but it cleans up the look of the bike and its a good trade-off for the fully adjustable and much better damping hayabusa shock. Ordered a 5° ignition advancer and got my modded airbox stage 2 jetting tuned in pretty good....fucking thing rips. I was merging from 77n to 224e today, coming up the ramp in 1st, I saw my gap, grabbed 2nd and flogged her and she went from 40-70 with the front wheel a few inches off the road. At this rate I'm going to run out of resonably priced mods pretty soon. Next up are progressive springs and gold valves or maybe a set of k5 gsxr 750 forks....gotta weigh price vs how much work its gonna take.

In other news I dropped off the head, valves and guides for my superhonda camalamadingdong 850 project a few weeks ago, so I should have that motor done and running before it snows. Finally unloaded the TL so I have room to work in my garage now. Gonna be a good fall.

• Upvote 2