Anyone Been On 555 South Of 37 This Year Yet

JCMathis

I have a route planned tomorrow on this road and if I remember correctly, there was some negative chatter about this road last year. Just wondering how it is this year so far before I lead a group down there.

I have a route planned tomorrow on this road and if I remember correctly, there was some negative chatter about this road last year. Just wondering how it is this year so far before I lead a group down there.

I rode that area last week but avoided 555.

Not sure where you're headed, but nearby  377>550 from McConnelsvile to Marietta is a really good route and in nice shape this year..

Edited by Tpoppa

Portersville(37) to Ringgold is good.Ringgold to Chesterhill was chip/sealed last year and has plenty of pea gravel. Chesterhill to Little Hocking is good.

If I remember your route you was wanting to get to 676 heading into Marietta?If correct,I would either stay on 37 over to 78W,or go down 555 to 78E at Ringgold,either way will get you to 377 south.377 was paved about three weeks ago and has some really fun sweepers for about 7 miles down to Pennsville.Just south of Pennsville take 266 to 792 to 676.792 is in very good condition and it's a fun ride.676 was also chip/sealed last year from 792 to Watertown,once you get to Watertown 676 has very good pavement all the way to Marietta. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would avoid the Ringgold to Chesterhill section of 555.

Enjoy your ride,there's a lot of fun roads on your route.

I just rode 555 all the way from McConnelsville to 7 up by Athens/Belpre. The road was in pretty good condition but there was a lot of gravel just before the McConnelsville side so just be watchful. If you ride down this way let me know, I'm always in the area and if it's not raining I'm riding!