94 Cbr600f2 Sold It

bandit

SOLD SOLD SOLD

EDIT FOR NEW PRICE.... $2100 HERE, $2400 ON CL ... NEED THE MONEY NOW!!

I just got a new to me toy, and am considering selling my beloved F2. I doubt anyone will want to give me what I think it's worth so I'll likely end up keeping it, but it's worth asking, right? It is super clean and runs very well. 29XXX miles and I'll still be riding some. I just put new Dunlop Q2's on it and had the carbs profesionally cleaned over the winter. I also flushed the front brakes and coolant. It is all stock except for an old but still functional taillight integrator kit with the pulsing brake light. I even have the old seat cowl/ pillion cover! Whoever owned this bike for most of its life cared for it very well; I have only had it since October '12 (I think.) I only have pics on my phone; I'll try to upload them now that this thread has been started. $2800 is too much for most F2's, but not this one. If you've always regretted selling yours way back when, now's your shot at redemption!

Edited by bandit

it may be high for the year (i dont think so...)

but it is as nice in person as your shitty pics make it look LOL you may find a buyer

voek.jpg

this 94 was listed at $3500

I was wanting it bad because thats the first sport bike i'd ever rode. but i was a day late.

I loved my F2 as well, but it's refreshing to see another F2 owner/admirer admit that theirs is worth more to them than it's worth to the buying public.

some guy on Craigslist wants $3500 for his, and it has like 33k on the clock...

I can't foresee ever spending more than $1800 or so on a mid-90's 600...  Even if it's in pristine condition, it's still old technology, and (usually) old parts.  I am a cheap bastard to be sure, but I think it's important to look at what OTHER bikes you can buy for the asking price of whatever you're selling.

$2500 for the F2 isn't obsurd (especially not this time of year), but I have seen people with low-mileage EX500's and Buell Blasts asking $2500-$3500, "because it's only got 5,000 miles on it."  I get that it's pretty much 'new,' but for the same money, I can buy a fuel-injected mid 2000's SV, or late 90's 600 that performs infinitely better for the same money.

/rant

I vote keep it and enjoy it, or at least hold out a few months on CL and see if you can find someone who loves it as much as you do.

I just sold my 97 ZX6R. It was in great condition, comparable miles, but repainted. I could have gotten $2300 at most but settled for $2k to get it sold quickly. I think you'll have a hard time selling it at that price. But it is nice and clean. Come down to $2400 and someone will buy it.

I miss mine - a '92 - but you're asking too much.  

what I like about the F2 is that it pretty much set the tone for the next 20 years of sportbikes in the United States.  It was such a huge performance jump over the "F1" Hurricane, and they really didn't modify it much in "F3" or "F4" trim.  The next big thing was fuel injection, and that took 8 years to hit the 600 class.

Plus the F2 is still a really competant motorcycle.  I loved my 600RR, but every time something expensive on it needed to be replaced, I regretted selling my F2.  

The guy I sold it to still rides it frequently with MotoSeries.  I am seriously thinking about trying to find a crashed F2 street bike, and bring it back from the dead.  It won't look pretty, but it will go like hell!

Red And Papa Just Get It! Thanks Guys.

I don't think Red was agreeing with your price gouging tactic but he clearly agrees that they're great bikes which they still are. 

And I'm not looking for your approval, personally I think you're being a little shit about the whole thing and hope you get some humble pie handed to you when you sell it for $2k or less. 

We All Agree That My Price Is High. It Is A Price For Someone Who Is LOOKING To Buy An F2 In Very Good Shape; It's Not A Price For Someone Looking For A Beat Up Old Sport Bike. If I Was Desperate For Cash Fast I'd Let It Go For $2000. In My Current Position I'd MUCH Rather Keep It Than To Sell It At That Price. I'm Not Trying To Be A Dick, And I Was Thanking Those Guys For Agreeing That The F2 Is A Special Bike. I Never Assumed That They Thought My Price Was Good, Especially Since They Both Stated That My Price Is High. I Am Sorry If My Comment Wasn't Clear Enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...