Zimmerman Trial

Scruit

I was just throwing some sarcastic statements out there.  Found this today:

We already had a much more atrocious black-on-white murder, but you didn't see AG Holder pressing civil rights or hate crime charges.  Hell, there was never even a national news story about the role racism may have played in this.  SO lest we forget what a 17 year old man is capable of:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/georgia-baby-killed

He also may want to look into some overall statistics:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/national/interracial-murder-on-the-rise

"Over the past 30 years, black-on-white murders rose from 6 percent of all homicides to 8 percent, according to a study of 550,000 homicide reports assembled by Scripps Howard News Service from FBI and local police reports. White-on-black killings rose from 3 to 4 percent. All other racial combinations rose from 3 to 5 percent."

Edited by smashweights

It makes me sad and pissed that today, racial gains are met by force feeding the public with the idea that racism "needs" to still live. We are encouraged to look out for social differences and call them race. That is completely unnecessary. A man was acquitted of murder charges for killing a disgruntled youth. The sad part in all this is, a child died and a man and his family went through hell because said child attacked him. Why do we need to call reason to this madness? Why do we need to point a finger at someone that was trying to help? Rationality would say cause the social class we identify with gives us a wall to stand against. This is where we fail... This is why we are divided. We all are Americans... We all are "free".

Edited by jdonn
  • Upvote 3

Well said. By both of you. I have a friend who's a little eccentric in his opinions of business and non-profit organizations. He's a very intelligent guy and holds a master's degree in business management and a bachelor's degree in biology. He's worked in private laboratories and for government contractors doing r&d work for the biggest defense industry customer in the World, the U.S. government.  Now he owns his own business and does very well for himself. His opinion of any non-profit is that their number one priority is to stay in business. If the business is supposedly there to find a cure for blood borne pathogens then that is the last thing they want to do. Why? Because they would put themselves out f business if they cure whatever they're raising money to cure. You need to look no further than the salaries of the CEO' s of these companies to see evidence of that. The Salvation Army is the only exception. Their CEO only makes something like $25k per year. Anyway, back on subject. If a non profit business for the "advancement of equality for everyone"  achieved their goals what would they do then? There business no longer has a legitimate purpose and it would be time to close up shop. If I ran that non profit business would you expect me to put myself out of a job? If I was honest and honorable, then yes I would. If I was out to "get mine" then heck no I wouldn't stop. It's about keeping my cash flow going because the last thing I want to do is get a real job! So I need to keep the turmoil going and the unrest and the hate and fear.....part of my job becomes keeping the b.s. going that I promised to help stop. 

This is just my opinion as well as my friend's and we could be wrong.....

Edited by 2fat2fly
  • Upvote 1

The Salvation Army is the only exception. Their CEO only makes something like $25k per year.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/charities.asp

Salvation Army: The information presented above is outdated, as W. Todd Bassett stepped down as National Commander of The Salvation Army in April 2006; the current National Commander of the Salvation Army (since 2010) is William A. Roberts.   The Salvation Army is not required to file a Form 990 with the IRS because it is primarily a religious organization, but according to the Better Business Bureau, Roberts' last reported total annual compensation was $126,920,  much higher than the $13,000 reported above.  Forbes rates this organization's efficiency at 82%.

....because why not.... :)

March, 2013, Brunswick, Georgia.

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon.

Thank you.

no hoodie, no dice

You think Z got fat for the trial on accident? LOL or was it to bolster his defense about being a weakling shitty fighter out of shape so i had to pull a gun to win a fight i may or may not have started....hmmm

• Downvote 1

Thanks for pointing that out. My info was outdated about the Salvation Army, but Snopes confirms the rest of the point I was trying to make.

Ohio Motorcyclists for Children. Zero paid positions. All volunteers.

• Upvote 2