School Me On A Tula Sks Rifle.

speedytriple

My buddy I got it from got two in a package deal I took the lesser one to butcher. The other one he might keep or sell eventually. It was way to pretty to modify. Mine is missing the tool kit and the rear sling mount. The stock is in less then great condition, and it has some wear on the metal as well. It is a 1951 tula  that has some type of pinned on flash hider on it. It was the better choice for what I want to do to it by far.

bad cell phone pics for now as I can not figure out the new forum LOL!

gallery_10447_1421_42541.jpg

other side..

gallery_10447_1421_1432359.jpg

Edited by speedytriple

Gun show this weekend will be getting some stripper clips for now until I can get some 20 rnd tapco mags. When I have time I am gonna try to remove the muzzle break as it is kinda loose and makes me wonder if it would effect point of impact? I might shoot it first before I rip it off. 

I've got a Soviet 1953 SKS, its been arsenal rebuilt but still has all matching numbers, even the stock. Its in great original condition. Ever see any of the Russian or former Soviet Union states color or honor guards? The SKS over there is the equivalent of our 1903 Springfields. All of them use SKS's. To not think of them as historic is misguided as it was an interim rifle used in the last days of WWII before the AK was adopted, many found their way to Vietnam before we got there and may have  wounded and killed far more people than the AK did as the SKS was usually not used by regular NVA troops. This is only speculation on my part as the VC seemed to have more SKS's than AK's. Later in the war I'm sure this number changed though. Norinco's are fine to shoot and blast and modify in my opinion. I don't think I've ever seen a stamped receiver on an SKS, the bolt cover maybe but never the receiver, who made them?

Edited by Strawboss