2013 Ama Superbike @ Mid-ohio

Hailwood

Another year, another great day of racing.  I didn't take as many photos as I have in years past, but I was still pretty happy with how several of them turned out.

IMG_4239-XL.jpg

IMG_3958a-XL.jpg

IMG_4039a-XL.jpg

IMG_4108a-XL.jpg

IMG_4111a-XL.jpg

IMG_4002a-XL.jpg

IMG_3971a-XL.jpg

I may post more as I'm still going through them.

• Upvote 2

Fantastic races today....it was great being there and seeing this for the first time.  Josh Hayes was really fast today!!!  Makes it look so easy!!!

BTW, thanks Will for posting up the great photos.

Edited by blue-yamaR6s

I had  great spot to take pics on Saturday and Sunday, but the damn TV camera was focused on my station so I figured that AMA would take issue with a corner worker snapping pics and not waiving flags.  I had way to many yellows at my station due to racers heading into the beach on Saturday and Sunday.  I did get both Josh's to autography a picture I took last year of them in the keyhole.

Dang that camera must be BALLA, awesome pics.

So uh, anyone else notice the AMA must not require brake lever guards, or am I missing them in a few pics?  The Fillmore pic doesn't appear to have one, and I think a few others don't too.  I can't imagine not having one at that level, but that's just me.

So uh, anyone else notice the AMA must not require brake lever guards, or am I missing them in a few pics?  The Fillmore pic doesn't appear to have one, and I think a few others don't too.  I can't imagine not having one at that level, but that's just me.

I thought they were required after the incident in the 200, but I suppose it's possible that rule was not applied to the superbike class.

I know they did at JGP this winter when I was down there, maybe I just can't make them out due to being black glove fingers, cuz I thought so too.  I def could see it in Herrin's shot.  I would guess they do have them, just using the tiny bar end ones that are real thin.

Either way, those bikes are nasty.

It does, it's just the black end piece blending in.  

Nathan - are those pics from practice, or do you guys run the GoPro during the races as well?

With all the efforts riders go through to tuck behind the screen, I'm surprised they're willing to stick the GoPro out there and increase drag.  It's probably relatively inconsequential, but at the same time, it just seems like teams go through so much other trouble to improve aerodynamics and gain half an MPH on the straights.  Especially the Triumph, given that it has the reputation for being slightly down on power on teh top-end compared to the inline 4's.