Not That I Really Want To, Nor Am I Planning On It, But When Is The Best Time To Sell?

TMonhollen

Just wondering when the best time to sell your bike is?

The past few times I've rode, I've had some pretty scary experiences with cages. People just pay no attention whatsoever. A small accident/fender bender on a car is no big deal, but it'll kill you on a bike.

Between that, and the shitty weather we've been having, I've only rode a few times in the past month or two. Compared to riding everyday when I first started.  I want to get the "itch" back, but if I don't, when is the best time to sell?

Just wondering when the best time to sell your bike is?

The past few times I've rode, I've had some pretty scary experiences with cages. People just pay no attention whatsoever. A small accident/fender bender on a car is no big deal, but it'll kill you on a bike.

Between that, and the shitty weather we've been having, I've only rode a few times in the past month or two. Compared to riding everyday when I first started.  I want to get the "itch" back, but if I don't, when is the best time to sell?

I'm sure people with argue with me but I believe just b4 riding season starts. Like 1-2 months before. Google it man.

Loud pipes save lives in my opinion that's why mine is so loud. Everyone tells you to be defensive while driving but its impossible when you and the bike weighs anywhere from 400 to 900 pounds versus a cage that weighs well over a ton. Be alert and don't fuck around if you're gonna commit to something commit to it.

And find comfortable gear. I know you Tom and I am willing to bet wearing gear is half the reason you don't like riding and not wearing gear is half the reason you get so freaked at close calls. That jacket you have is pretty heavy, look into some light weight textiles for these really hot summer days. 

I've been wearing gear. I always do. Except Sunday. That was my first time not wearing a jacket. But I still wore helmet and gloves. And I don't wear that scorpion jacket in the summer. Just a small leather one that weighs like two pounds. I would have had a heat stroke in the Scorpion.

When you ride everyday is it just commuting or are you out riding good roads? Commuting can take the fun out of the bike and make you feel bored with it, along with the fact that if it's commuting then I can see why cages are scaring you, that's basically your whole ride. That is the reason I don't commute very often on my bike anymore. Why not take a day and just go ride some great roads without worrying too much about what time it is or where you're really getting to?

It just sounds like you're not riding the right roads and aren't comfortable riding around town. It's not about how often you ride but how enjoyable it is when you do get out. Tag along on some of these group rides through southern ohio and enjoy the roads and the people you're riding with and see if that changes your mind. If not, maybe it's just not for you. But it's amazing how being out riding for 8+ hours can relax you and make you want to go back out and do it again.

Dont sell.

Stop commuting.

Start riding fun roads

Ride with people willing to help advance your skills

Be happy again

I've been there and this is what I did and needless to say I don't think I'll be bike less again

Unfortunately everyone that I know that rides, works an opposite schedule as me. But I'm getting a promotion/transfer soon; which entails me working M-F 8-5, instead of Monday through Saturday 3-11.

So hopefully I'll be able to ride with friends more. You guys have a point though, most of my time I've spent riding, was commuting.

I'm not exactly Mr good form rider but I'm probably decent enough to show you around the Valley and get you some experience on roads with curves in them

Hell if you're friends with Josh he can do the same. I'm sure he knows a few around the area by now as well

I rarely commute on the bike. Everyone's half asleep, in a hurry, thinking about other stuff, fumbling with their phones and coffee and food and getting kids to day care. When I ride, it's usually after people are at home, eating and working in the yard.

Unfortunately I only know really know of valley parkway that's really good up here.

Well then I need to make some time and show you guys around the Valley. It's not deals gap or SEO fun but it beats commuting