916/998 Track Bike / Street Project 144.3 Hp 80.9ft. Lbs

rossi419

Debating on sellingicon1.png or possible parting out my Duc. The frame is a 97 916. The bike is a track bike that I was convert back to a street bike. It makes 144.3 hp and 80.95 ft lbs. It has a ton of xtras and about 20k in paperwork. I was told it had 4 race weekends since the most of the work was done. Then is sat for a few years. Was told it ran great when put away. And running. I'm not sure what is wrong with it but I haven't been able to get it started. Since there are so many things unhooked for track duty. And I don't know a lot about elect. system on a bike. I was putting the tank back on and broke one of the quick connects. And haven't messed with it much since. It turns over good and has good compression. When I first started messing with it there was no spark. Then as I was going over the harness and checked again it had spark. But I don't think it good spark(seemed like it was not as often as it should be). Has race bodywork that is in useable cond. Has some stress cracks. Bike has been well maintained. 8k miles But here's a build run down.

Motor 998

balanced and blue printed buyicon1.png Ducshop in ga.

milled heads

998s cams

dual showericon1.png injectors

forks rebuilt by ducshop. Forks have ohlins stickers. But not sure if they are. They look like the showa ones. But have tini coating(998 maby ?) they have ohlins forks spings and super sport internials.

DUcshop triple clamps

ohlins rear

DP crank case breather

CF swingarm cover

CF front fender

Ferraci clip ons

54 mm Full sil moto carbon fiber exhaust(Mint)

SS brake lines front and rear

CF solo tail

PCicon1.png 3r

Brembo rear wheel but marchesni front wheel

Street parts

headlight

mirrorsicon1.png

748r solo tail needs repaired

xtra rear wheel

clip on bars

Brand new carbon fiber main stay(street)
two headlights(These are over 300 ea on ebay)
xtra rear wheel

I'm sure I'm forgetting some more stuff. Just considering selling or parting. Just not sure what its worth.

I'll throw some pics up later
user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Oh. No Ducshop. They did the 998 install and most of the work. The engine build and suspension. I have about 9k in paper work from just them They are the same place that jake zemke rides for. http://www.ducshop.com/custompage.asp?pg=racing

I didn't build the bike. I bought if from the guy that built and raced it.

What's been done to it to give it that much horsepower?  I have a friend that is extremely knowledgeable on the 998s (and all Ducs for that matter), and he seems skeptical that it's actually pushing 144hp.

The engine work was done by the duc shop. Everything that was done is in the top post. The bike made 117 hp before the engine work. It was balanced and blue printed, head was milled/Port and polished,998s cams, 54 mm exhaust, PC3r,air filters, race fuel. And I'm sure more stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. The exhaust makes a big difference. It was over 2k by its self. Because it makes top end hp. The bike comes with a 45mm exhaust  stock. The guy that owns and runs the duc shop is one of the top ducati engine builders. He was the engine builder for HMC ducati. So the engine work is top level. But I'm not trying to argue the validity of the numbers. So if your buddy is doubtful. That's cool.

I just wish I knew a little more about the elect. system and trouble shooting. So I could figure out the problem.

I hated to sell this bike. And the more I have thought about it. I just can't do it. I'm just going to sell some of the high dollar parts. And replace them with stock parts. Here in a few months once my business is up and running. That's the only reason I was considering it. I have almost 20k cash out to get my transport business going. And Just needed a couple grand to get it making money. So thanks to every one that has shown interest.