Mammoth Cave

RSparky

We're planning a little trip to Mammoth Cave in a couple weekends. I'm sure some of you guys have been there. What were your thoughts? Any specific tours to recommend? Or other activities in the vicinity? We like hiking in the woods, so a walk through the park, as well as the cave, is on my mind.

Also, what's a good hotel with a hot tub? Seems like there's not a lot of options in good ole KY.

Thanks for any opinions.

Violet City Lantern Tour and the River Styx tour are a must! Book them early or in advance because they always sell out.

If you want a cheap clean place to stay with a good breakfast I highly recommend the Super 8 in Cave City. The guy that runs it does a really good job and keeps people happy they also have a pool.

sent via GS3

they're a half hour apart and 3 hours long! idk if i can come up with cloning in a month. oh well one for saturday and one for sunday. they definitely do sound cool though. i wish she would get in the water, i'd love to go canoeing.

Took a lantern tour a long time ago. Everyone carries a lantern, there were no lights on the route. No crowds, more like a private tour. It entered from an entrance not used by the public, and turned us loose in a public part to finish on our own. Don't remember the name, but the Violet City Tour sounds like it. It was really enjoyable. Parts of the trail were rugged back then. Be sure to stay warm and dry. Pretty much 60 degrees and 100% humidity.

Whatever you decide on, make reservations now.

Violet City lantern tour and Great Onyx lantern tour do not appear to be available before Sept 2.

Mammoth Cave Summer Activities Schedule (May 26 - September 1, 2013)

Mammoth Cave Fall Activities Schedule (September 2 - November 3, 2013)

Edited by ReconRat