Ebr 1190rx Almost Here!!

everoblivion2005

Well... Yes, i guess I made it sound like that didn't need to happen.  Standard race motor maintenance though just like any other.  Your previous post made it sound however that it needed more maintenance than any other race motor that has just been throttled and abused for two days straight.

If a customer buys a production RS, they are told if they track it, they need to tear down often and refresh.  And as far as race builds, a typical Superstock or Supersport build does not need refreshed so often...

This is a Superbike motor and while ultra bad ass, it requires more maintaining than typical motors.  Yes, Superbike motors will need regular intervals of refresh and rebuilds.  But they are not available in a street platform.

That's why I think they will most likely detune the RX motor a bit to provide a longer service interval.

Now just stay with me here as I am obviously outmatched here in race motor knowledge. But are you saying that the jordan suzuki team and the hayden yamaha team and the other race teames in the same class as Hero/EBR do not tear down their motors after every race weekend? Because I'm pretty good friends with Jeff on the Lasix team in supersport and he tears down his engine after every race weekend.

Now just stay with me here as I am obviously outmatched here in race motor knowledge. But are you saying that the jordan suzuki team and the hayden yamaha team and the other race teames in the same class as Hero/EBR do not tear down their motors after every race weekend? Because I'm pretty good friends with Jeff on the Lasix team in supersport and he tears down his engine after every race weekend.

My point is this:  The RS is a street platform and the RX will be also.  The point I am making is that the motor they have is a motor that IF you tracked it, you need to refresh often.  Now, taking that idea to a similar Supersport and Superstock motor build that DOES NOT need torn down every weekend, the motors for STREET USE are somewhat sketchy in terms of dependability.  What I am saying is that I think the RX will have a more mild build.  Possibly losing only a bit HP, but components will different and lend to a stronger and more dependable motor.

As for a team with a Supersport motor being torn down and refreshed every weekend, that's excessive.  If you are referring to Wrobel, he wasn't tearing motors down every weekend.  Reuben built them and they were not needing every weekend refreshes and rebuilds.  Plus, Jeff isn't racing anymore...

Superbike teams are refreshing often and making sure they are maintained frequently.  Parts have a time limit.  Each part will time out at a set period and needs refreshed.  We at Ducati even have a race booklet that has a time table for EVERY part on the bike.  Down to wheel bearings and bolts.  Race builds time out.  But Superbike (true superbike builds) builds do not last as long as Supersport builds that don't last as long as stock builds.  

My point is this:  The RS is a street platform and the RX will be also.  The point I am making is that the motor they have is a motor that IF you tracked it, you need to refresh often.  Now, taking that idea to a similar Supersport and Superstock motor build that DOES NOT need torn down every weekend, the motors for STREET USE are somewhat sketchy in terms of dependability.  What I am saying is that I think the RX will have a more mild build.  Possibly losing only a bit HP, but components will different and lend to a stronger and more dependable motor.

As for a team with a Supersport motor being torn down and refreshed every weekend, that's excessive.  If you are referring to Wrobel, he wasn't tearing motors down every weekend.  Reuben built them and they were not needing every weekend refreshes and rebuilds.  Plus, Jeff isn't racing anymore...

Superbike teams are refreshing often and making sure they are maintained frequently.  Parts have a time limit.  Each part will time out at a set period and needs refreshed.  We at Ducati even have a race booklet that has a time table for EVERY part on the bike.  Down to wheel bearings and bolts.  Race builds time out.  But Superbike (true superbike builds) builds do not last as long as Supersport builds that don't last as long as stock builds.  

Ah that makes more sense.  Maybe I was hanging out with Jeff during a motor headache period.  He's in TX now and his Girlfriend is one of my Wife's best friends so she keeps trying to get us to move down there.  Maybe the bike will have slightly less HP but I certainly hope not being that the RX will be Heavier than the RS.  If the bike went from 175 to even 165 i think it would have a hard time competing with the Italian Stallions it's priced with, and if I thought of that then i think Erik would too.

Also, the EBR race teams aren't racing with the motors as it comes from EBR.

Thinner gaskets, higher compression, etc, etc.

Actually, it is VERY close.  Very.

The point is that what I was told when up there, the RX would have different rods, a different crank, head, etc.  They are machining and building these things by hand and essentially building one offs each time.  Yes, the teams are going to have some modified motors in place as they develop and advance in their racing.  They are still developing the bike so, yes...  They will have some differences.  But they start with what the RS has and they build slightly on top of that.  Racing evolves each weekend.  But the RS motor is really a true blooded race motor.

I'm liking this bike.  how much is it going to cost?

No official pricing yet but its safe to expect Duc / Aprilla pricing on the bike being that, even with the funds from Hero, EBR will not be able to churn out production like the Japanese brands.  Speculation has been that it will be some where in the $15,000 to $19,000 range.  I know that's a pretty large swath but Info is coming out of EBR in trickles right now.  The RX has been confirmed to be revealed in all its glory at the AIM Expo on Oct 16th...... needless to say... I'm a little excited.... just a little 

• 4 weeks later...

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1383954_673970302621110_422797361_n.jpg

This is supposed to be a spy photo of the new EBR?

I am not seeing 18K$+ of excitement here, maybe I am missing something though?

That is it.  I expect a $15-$17k price tag.  There is no Ohlins and the motor internals are different.  A much more produced bike vs. hand built like the RS.  Remember, the RS $40k plus tag is due to the carbon fiber bodywork and components.  This bike does not have that.  It will not be north of $18k.  At least that was what I was told and if it is, Erik will have a tough battle...

The perspective is this.  The KTM RC8R will have a refresh in 2015.  The 1199 is a bike that has 190+ HP now...

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1383954_673970302621110_422797361_n.jpg

This is supposed to be a spy photo of the new EBR?

I am not seeing 18K$+ of excitement here, maybe I am missing something though?

I kinda agree.  Although, I'll wait to pass judgment until I see some better photos.

I thought the 1190RS was good looking...not dead sexy...just good.  The 1190RX needs to make a statement to put EBR on the map for people willing to drop $15k+ on a semi exotic sportbike.  It needs to look the part to compete with Aprilia, BMW, Ducati, etc.    

It could be the yellow, but I do remember a video surfaced of a motorcycle, in late 09 or early 10, that seems very close in resemblance to this one (Barracuda or B2), that Erik and staff were road testing.

A few years later, here it is, maybe not?

Many articles if you search...

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f14/2011-buell-barracuda-bike-never-96271/

Edited by LINK

If I were one that spent $20,000 plus more for an RS model, I would most definately feel like I got ass raped right about now.

No matter if it were carbon fiber bodywork or not!

My opinion, which does not matter at all, still stands, not impressed...nice bike, and good for Erik, but I guess Harley Davidson prices, and hype, still flows heavily through his veins.

At the original 1125R msrp prices, even a grand more, I would maybe consider one, still a bit leary about the whole support, warranty, parts, and future of the company though.

If I were one that spent $20,000 plus more for an RS model, I would most definately feel like I got ass raped right about now.

I think everyone that bought the RS for 40k knew that the mass produced model would have some nice improvements and cost 1/2 the price.   It shouldn't be any surprise.  Hopefully, the next one is even better and less expensive.

The reviews & comparisons should tell us if it's worth 19 large.

My opinion, which does not matter at all, still stands, not impressed...nice bike, and good for Erik, but I guess Harley Davidson prices, and hype, still flows heavily through his veins.

At the original 1125R msrp prices, even a grand more, I would maybe consider one, still a bit leary about the whole support, warranty, parts, and future of the company though.

This pretty much sums it up. I really like the look, and the fact that it's an "american made" Sport bike but lets be real OTD price of $20k+. This is not going to be the bike that puts buell back on the map. 

People pay that for Ducatis and Aprilia because they are considered exotics, and they have a huge pedigree of race wins. Not to mention a strong dealer network.

This sounds interesting:

And one final note: EBR is taking its 1190 to the World Superbike championship in 2014! Riders have yet to be announced.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/10/16/motorcycle-news/2014-ebr-motorcycles-1190rx-preview/

Yeah I saw that, I am not sure that is such a good choice on EBR's part.

The RS has struggled keeping pace in AMA competition, so it will be interesting to see how they will do.

Good on them if they have the resources to give it go, and it would be nice to see them succeed at it too.