Suggest To Me A Tank Bag

Gixxus Christ!

Sick of wearing a backpack and don't want to put the hard luggage back on for my daily commutes. Its a bandit 1200 so it has a fairly large tank, I'd like to throw in a few cans of pop, maybe a Gatorade, my lunch, a jacket liner and a tablet pc. I've looked at them on web sites but there are just too many to choose from, my eyes glaze over. Clear phone pocket would be a plus. Backpack straps would be a plus to carry into work but not necessary. There are a few bags I've seen that have these features, but I wanna know what descriptions and pictures can't tell me, so who's got what and why do you love it? Who had what and why did you hate it?

I have two...

Joe Rocket Manta

It's a smaller tank bag, but works just fine for a day ride. Can hold a couple bottles of water, but will probably not handle the liner and tablet PC.

Rapid Transit (not sure of type)

This bag will do exactly what you are looking for, has backpack straps, lots of zipperd storage and fits on the Gen 1 FZ1 no problem. Rapid transit has many different size and shape bags, I would take a look on the net, or if you are near Roush or the Pony, both have good displays and choices.

You may want to look at getting a smaller tank bag and medium sized tail bag...I can carry anything with the combination.

Motocentric Tank bag 19 have one on my bike an it takes up the whole tank. Just ask the guys I ride with. It will hold 19 liters an its got a lifetime warranty backpack straps a waterproof cover built in. It works for me plus its got a place for a bladder. they run for like $80 worth the money for a good tank bag,

Thought about that, but I have full hard givi luggage for light touring plus bungee net to hold most things on my back seat, but a tail bag may be in the future. I have looked at a few of the rapid transit bags, the recon 19 in particular, just wasn't sure about the build quality.

Bar none the best tank bag I have ever owned or ever seen, and the pocket for the hydration bladder is awesome. Yes it is waterproof, and no there is not a cover needed for that. Awesome build quality and hold allot of shit.

http://www.dowcopowersports.com/fastrax%E2%84%A2-elite-series-sport-and-adventure-tour-luggage-tank-bag.aspx

I run a Bagster tank rig. A tank cover with a clip in tank bag.

But the daily hauler is a tailbag on tail rack. Ventura luggage.

There's a lot more vibration on the tail rack. I don't really like to put electronics or cameras there.

Warning: neither setup is cheap.

edit: Noticed Ventura makes a new rear seat bra with clip in seat bag.

So the variety of seat bags are another option.

Edited by ReconRat

Sick of wearing a backpack and don't want to put the hard luggage back on for my daily commutes. Its a bandit 1200 so it has a fairly large tank, I'd like to throw in a few cans of pop, maybe a Gatorade, my lunch, a jacket liner and a tablet pc. I've looked at them on web sites but there are just too many to choose from, my eyes glaze over. Clear phone pocket would be a plus. Backpack straps would be a plus to carry into work but not necessary. There are a few bags I've seen that have these features, but I wanna know what descriptions and pictures can't tell me, so who's got what and why do you love it? Who had what and why did you hate it?

Sam, I have this tank bag....http://www.busahq.co.za/p/132751/tank-bag--oxford

I used it a lot with my SV, but it doesn't fit so well on my Z (due to the odd shape of the tank), it sounds like it checks most of your boxes.  If you are interested, shoot me a PM with an offer and maybe we can work out a deal.

Dave G.

• 4 weeks later...

To late I guess...I use a Rapid Transit and an old Cortech mini (something like that), I like the Cortech better, mine has been through absolute hell, and still useable in decent shape, zipper pulls have broken off (again, put through hard times), but other than that, a great tank bag.

Edited by LINK