School Me On 2003 Powerstroke 7.3l Turbo Engines

scottb

Quick update on my needing to borrow your truck Scott, I am looking to get a truck camper combo myself. Went out today and did the deal on the truck camper, while I was there we made a deal on his 3/4 ton extended cab 4x4 chevy. He is using it to haul a trailer still, so once he gets a truck in the next week or so I can pick up the combo. 

Not the actual truck but this is the same color and truck I am looking to get but with more rust LOL!!

1988_chevrolet_c_k_2500-pic-875988012504

Edited by speedytriple

• 1 month later...

What all's done to yours?

Sorry for delay, been busy at work. I put stage II single shot injectors, GTP38R Turbo, bellowed up pipes, cold air intake, modded H.P. oil pump and of course had to rebuild tranny after grenading the t/c,

Sorry for delay, been busy at work. I put stage II single shot injectors, GTP38R Turbo, bellowed up pipes, cold air intake, modded H.P. oil pump and of course had to rebuild tranny after grenading the t/c,

Cool I have a modded 99 3500 Cummins with 250 injectors boost fooler 140 horse program phaft shaft 66 sitting at 550 with 1100 torque with a super single clutch in the 5 speed

Edited by ZxHooligan

Cool I have a modded 99 3500 Cummins with 250 injectors boost fooler 140 horse program phaft shaft 66 sitting at 550 with 1100 torque with a super single clutch in the 5 speed

I hear the Cummins do pretty good on fuel milage. Have a friend that did a chevy to cummins conversion

I had a 16ft dump trailer behind my 01 powerstroke loaded to the top with concrete... Every bit of 20k lbs in just concrete...pulled it with ease, you could feel it back there, but it didn't affect the truck...drove smooth, stopped normally, and cruised down the freeway at 70 with it... I miss my truck lol... I want another, I'm just so picky I can't find the one I want lol

How do you manage that?  I have a 97 7.3TD pulling half that, and I wouldn't say it pulls with ease.  Granted mine doesn't have the intercooler so it's down 25hp, but you throw a hill in there and it struggles

If I go above 60 I can actually watch the fuel gauge drop.  No exaggeration, I can actually watch the needle move toward E.  It's sickening.

I had a 16ft dump trailer behind my 01 powerstroke loaded to the top with concrete... Every bit of 20k lbs in just concrete...pulled it with ease, you could feel it back there, but it didn't affect the truck...drove smooth, stopped normally, and cruised down the freeway at 70 with it... I miss my truck lol... I want another, I'm just so picky I can't find the one I want lol

I call bullshit on this. My 1 ton does not stop normally with the 8 ton dozer on the gooseneck triaxle with brakes on the trailer. Also cruised down the freeway I don't think so. Was it nodded if so what was done cause I have a hard time believing this. If you did make it to 70 mph with 20000 lbs it must have taken a year to get there

Call bs all you want, don't matter a bit to me lol.

We pulled that trailer with both my 01 and my old bosses 97 dually (the 97 didn't pull it as well, but still had no problem cruising 65 on the freeway)

And the trailer was a standard dump trailer with surge break - we rented it from United rentals for 2 months while our 8500 dump truck was being repaired

Like I said, you could definitely feel the load back there, but it didn't stop either truck from getting to highway speed

I've never weighed a load of scrap concrete, so my weight estimate was a guess, but it was a full size dump trailer loaded all the way to the top with concrete and rebar, and we hauled loads like that quite often

Edited by Steve Butters