Highschool Friend In Bad Accident

tyler524

I just got a text that a highschool friend was in a bad accident yesterday afternoon and is currently in ICU. He was on a two lane country road 55mph limit and a car turned left in front of him. I don't know what the extent of his injuries are at this point but I can't imagine it is good if he is still in ICU this morning. Keep him and his family in your thoughts if you could. Heres to hoping he pulls through and make a full recovery.

http://www.limaohio.com/news/local_news/article_dc674382-15b0-11e3-a9f9-0019bb30f31a.html

AMERICAN TOWNSHIP - A motorcyclist was in critical condition Wednesday night at St. Rita’s Medical Center after being involved in a four-vehicle accident on Allentown Road Wednesday afternoon.

At 3:36 p.m., the Ohio State Patrol responded to the accident at the corner of Allentown Road and Buckskin Trail, just west of Eastown Road, according to Sgt. Bob Burd of the Ohio State Patrol, Lima Post. Erin M. Hardemon, 22, of Lima, was traveling westbound on Allentown Road in a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix, attempting to turn left onto Buckskin Trail. She did not see ----------, 24, of Wapakoneta, traveling eastbound on Allentown Road on a 2010 Harley Davidson motorcycle as she was turning. Tobias struck the right rear door of Hardemon’s vehicle, ejecting from the motorcycle.

The motorcycle then deflected off the vehicle and struck a 2003 F-150 driven by Laurie A. Hamilton, 47, of Elida, as well as a 2011 Ford Fusion, driven by Tyler W. Hawk, 27, of Lima, both vehicles also traveling west on Allentown Road. Both -------- and Hardemon were taken to St. Rita’s Medical Center. Hardemon was released, while --------- remains in the hospital. Neither Hamilton nor Hawk were injured. Traffic was diverted from the scene for 90 minutes after the accident.

Hardemon was cited for failure to yield while turning left and driving without a license. The Allen County Sheriff, American Township Fire and EMS, and American Township police assisted at the scene.

Edited by tyler524

A 22 year old driving without a license. Probably a pretty good reason for that. Guessing she was only taken to the hospital so they'd take pity on her too, since if he struck the rear passenger-side she pretty much couldn't have been injured.

Hope your friend comes out alright. The girl should have her license revoked indefinitely, although considering the article I doubt that would stop her from driving.

It sounds like he is in pretty bad shape. He broke both legs, pelvis, and quite a bit else going on. He wasn't wearing a helmet which was the worst part. He has some brain swelling going on and is in a coma right now. I don't know if it is induced to keep the swelling under control or not.