Ohio, Oberlin At Odds Over State Laws.

Medina

brings a tear to my eye
Citizen Kuzawa told Oberlin Police Chief Tom Miller in an email that he and his wife would be bringing their two-year-old to an Oberlin park the next day, and both he and his wife would be carrying guns. Miller called Kuzawa after receiving his email and admitted that the state law trumped the city's ordinance.

"I'm not in favor of any of this,'' Council President Ron Rimbert told the Plain Dealer. "No one on Council is. But we need to get this passed. We have a responsibility to our citizens that we don't get caught up in any litigation. In Oberlin, we're protective of our family and friends. But this is a state law.''

This was all over cleveland.com, and OFCC. It is really less than it appears, imho.  A guy found a law, asked for it to be removed. It is going to be removed, and a couple of counsel persons are making noise for the press. The law director wants it removed, it will get removed. This won't be another Cleveland Heights where we had to sue them.  I would advise everyone to take a look at the local ordinances in their city. Find the old laws that are still laying around and send a polite note to their council person to get it removed.  I did that in my city, it was a non-event. They took them down very quickly. No threats or yelling needed.