Pirelli Angel Gt's

oldschoolsdime92

I can't say enough good about these tires on my fz1. I've ridden all over the smokey mountains in the rain, deals gap, wet and dry. Even a novice track day. They stick like glue, have very good turn in, and seem to hold up very well. I have just under 3k on them at the moment and they still look great. I feel like I have put these tires through there paces well. I really like the nice round profile of them. The bike falls into corners very nicely with them. They are alittle pricey , but If they last me 5k, I will say they are worth the coin.

Ive got about 5000 miles on my set and the front is almost done but the rear prob has another 3000 or 4000 left in it. Yea I'm still trying to figure out how I wore the front out first. It wore evenly all the way across and no chicken strips, I think I'm brakeing that big heavy bitch a little too much. I'll know more in the morning when I pull the wheel for a tire change and check out the front brake pads.

sent via GS3

What's "a little pricey"? I pay about $250-280 for a set of PilotRoad2CTs and I can get almost 3500 miles from a rear, most of the time. If these last longer, they may be worth switching brands.

About 350 a set. I purchased them right after they were released , prices may have come down. I believe I paid 199/ rear - 151/front.

I can't say how they compare to the pr3 , I came off a set of pr2s. These have more round profile than the pr2s. It took me a little whole to get used to a tire with such a round profile. As far as grip, I can't say if they grip at better .

IMO I always felt that a good tire , was a tire you didn't notice, because if its not slipping around , you never notice it!

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

Ive got about 5000 miles on my set and the front is almost done but the rear prob has another 3000 or 4000 left in it. Yea I'm still trying to figure out how I wore the front out first. It wore evenly all the way across and no chicken strips, I think I'm brakeing that big heavy bitch a little too much. I'll know more in the morning when I pull the wheel for a tire change and check out the front brake pads.

sent via GS3

Yup....you are breaking too much and too hard. You also might want to check your sag settings, could be your suspension needs to be better tweaked.

I have a set in my garage waiting to go on the Multi.  Pirelli had a promotion where you buy the rear, get front for free earlier this year.  I can't pass up a deal!!

Trying as hard as I can to wear out the Scorpion Trails that came on the bike.

I use to run the Pirelli Diablo strada and after they discontinued those I put a set of the orginal angel st on my bike and didn't like them as well. Went to the PR3 after that set. If the GT get the mileage that the stradas had and also increased the grip in wet conditions, I will try them out. The PR3 is currently the best tire I've ran, the GT sounds like a very comparable tire at this point. I'm curious to see what the outcome is at 6k.

Yup....you are breaking too much and too hard. You also might want to check your sag settings, could be your suspension needs to be better tweaked.

I think so, I put the new front tire on today and the front brake pads will need replaced this winter for sure. They are down to maybe 30%. Plus i wonder with that front being a ST and the Rear a GT is also why the difference in the wear. Im going to tighten up the pre load in the front a bit and maybe take little off the rear and see what happends. New rubber on the front i feel like superman again at least for a little while.

I think so, I put the new front tire on today and the front brake pads will need replaced this winter for sure. They are down to maybe 30%. Plus i wonder with that front being a ST and the Rear a GT is also why the difference in the wear. Im going to tighten up the pre load in the front a bit and maybe take little off the rear and see what happends. New rubber on the front i feel like superman again at least for a little while.

You know what......I did just put a rear GT on, so that front ST has in fact been on for allot of miles, so it has gotten kick ass mileage.  My bad for the confusion, appears what I wrote down for the maintenance records was in fact correct. And those pads were Galfer HH, and they have not been on there for that many miles. Holy shit you have been on the brakes!!!!! So I reckon other than getting on the brakes hard, the front tire was in fact wearing nicely. The GT is the new Angel model, the ST is the original.....both are very good obviously.

You put the GT on right before the trip to deals gap. You had an ST on the front and I believe you'd told me it had 5kish on it then ?

sent via GS3

Yup there was a little confusion in the transfer of information. :lol: in fact the ST on the front did have a little over 10,000 miles on it. That makes a lot of sense and now I'm not scratching my head trying to figure out how I ate it up in less than that.

sent via GS3

Yup there was a little confusion in the transfer of information. :lol: in fact the ST on the front did have a little over 10,000 miles on it. That makes a lot of sense and now I'm not scratching my head trying to figure out how I ate it up in less than that.

I am easily confused Tim, sorry about that.

Big difference going from a Harley with hard tires to a multi to a hyper. I'd be mad if I couldn't get 10,000 miles from a cruiser tire.

i had a VFR before that i ran PR2s on, then had a FJR1300 that i ran PR2s as well.

would average around 8k on a set of PR2s

the harley lol i didnt have a good tire option.  ran Avon Venoms, and they were meh, but thats what you get with a big cruiser and bias ply tires.

the multi i ran PR2s, done in about 4k miles, and then went to Power 3s before i sold it.

the hyper has teh stock Pirelli supercorsa SP.. will see how they last, but im doubting anything over 3k

i dont really care though.  ill put new tires on every year.  tires loose their profile in a year.  a new set is like getting a new bike

As for track use, STT had us set our tire pressure at 30/30 so that in itself will help most any tire gain traction. But your street riding is where they really count bro. Glad you went with better tires before the Gap trip and trackday, I was worried for a bit when you told me about the vibration and lacking confidence with your new Conti's. I may try the GT's once the Q2's are done in, they seem to work well for ya all around. Only have a few hundred street miles on my Q2's since they're supposed to be dedicated track use, so they'll probably last next season depending on the number of trackdays we sneak in ;) Which may prove beneficial in getting the GT's cheaper later on

How are the q2s on the hyper sport.

Q2's are a good tire on most any sportbike, but they wont last with the extra weight of the hyper ( not to mention my additional payload :D ) shearing them up under hard braking and hard throttle use. They definitely perform well, I just dont expect long life out of them. I'll be lucky to get 2-3 more trackdays in on them