Shooting At Washington Naval Yard

20thGix

My daughter used to work there, about 4 months ago.  They wouldn't let her bring in a damn phone that had camera capabilities, but some schmuck gets a gun in there????

According to NBC News, it was an AR15 nonetheless. 

PS: Sure glad she doesn't work there still.

• Upvote 1

High profile gun crimes spur some gun control advocates to bolster their position that guns are too prevalent and too easy to obtain? WHAT!?

Yup. More laws would totally help. I mean, it isn't like the shooter(s) would break the law. DC is totally a gun friendly place, and carrying an AR around is totally legal. Nevermind how legal it is to carry at the Navy Yard. :nono:

• Upvote 1

Yup. More laws would totally help. I mean, it isn't like the shooter(s) would break the law. DC is totally a gun friendly place, and carrying an AR around is totally legal. Nevermind how legal it is to carry at the Navy Yard. :nono:

Gun control advocates aren't always looking for new laws, sometimes they are looking for better ways to enforce existing laws.

I think you may have "gun control advocates" and "gun owner rights advocates" confused here bud. :lol:

I don't think so...

Gun control means controlling the distribution and possession of firearms.

If every gun control advocate wants new laws banning guns everywhere:

Then every gun owner advocate wants every gun law overturned, and everyone carrying all the time.

Fact is, Most of us reside somewhere between those polar opposites.

Edited by magley64
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'm at work and can't turn on the TV. I've seen reports of 1 gunmen and 2 gunmen. I've seen reports that they had someone detained and others that they were still at large.

Any accurate updates?

if yahoo can be trusted...

WASHINGTON — The Washington Navy Yard was placed on lockdown after multiple shots were fired inside a building on the base, the U.S. Navy said. Four people were killed, according to several news reports. The Navy confirmed multiple fatalities, but would not immediately confirm that figure.

At least 10 people were injured in the shooting, including eight civilians, one Washington, D.C., Metro police officer and one base officer, D.C. Metro Police said.

Ed Ziegler, director of public affairs for the Naval District of Washington, said two suspected shooters were  pinned down inside the building. Ziegler said he did not know the condition of those suspects.

I'm at work and can't turn on the TV. I've seen reports of 1 gunmen and 2 gunmen. I've seen reports that they had someone detained and others that they were still at large.

Any accurate updates?

Nothing really confirmed yet, but USA Today retweeted:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/16/us/dc-navy-yard-gunshots/index.html

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives sent a team of about 20 special agents to the scene, a law enforcement official said. The team was the same group that helped apprehend Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the official said.

So anyone involved or thought to be involved will end up dead. 

yeah....let's put more restrictions on access to guns, even though CHL's are not valid on Federal Land(i.e. - Any Navy, Army, Marine, or Air Force installation like the one listed at the beginning of this thread).  yep....makes sense....why not put a restriction that drugs can't be sold in a school zone?  or make a law against speeding?

[Notice - The above questions were supposed to be read with dripping sarcasm]

• Upvote 2

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/sep/16/russian-official-mocks-navy-yard-shooting/

A new shootout at Navy headquarters in Washington — a lone gunman and 7 corpses. Nobody’s even surprised anymore. A clear confirmation of American exceptionalism. -- Alexey Pushkov, a member of the Russian parliamentary foreign affairs committee.