Motoseries Round 8 At Putnam Park

RHill

Who is making the trip?  On the fence?  Need a ride? Have a trailer spot to fill?

I need to make a trip to the Columbus area to pick up bike parts, so I'm considering adding another 6 hours(and who knows how much $) to the trip and going out to Putnam for Round 8.  The bad part is, I'd be running the 40, so an early departure wouldn't be possible.  

I could potentially haul another bike(and person).  It would be a tight squeeze in the car, but I think we could make it work if I don't bring camping gear.  Or, I could fill a trailer spot on someone else's ride.

Where does everyone stay since they don't allow camping?  Looking for something cheap.

I'm on the fence too, I'd really like to go and support Todd and Moto Series. But my racing funds are running low this season, so I'd definitely need to do some ride sharing. If I go I could cram 3 other bikes in the trailer. Matt is out and jinu is on the fence so at least 2 would be open.

I have a few other things going on with some travel for work next week, so I also need to make sure I'll be back in time. I'll know more later this week.

I'm on the fence too, I'd really like to go and support Todd and Moto Series. But my racing funds are running low this season, so I'd definitely need to do some ride sharing. If I go I could cram 3 other bikes in the trailer. Matt is out and jinu is on the fence so at least 2 would be open.

I have a few other things going on with some travel for work next week, so I also need to make sure I'll be back in time. I'll know more later this week.

I'd be down to fill one of those spots if you could wait till the 40 is over to jet out of there. 

Damn Ryan, you need one point for 3rd. Too bad it looks like you will be one round short.

shit I forgot about the round requirement.......NOOOOOO 6 rounds out of 10 required!  I'll have 5....out of 9. wonder if that will fly

I'm in for this.  Heading over Friday afternoon.

I think the following hot shoes will also be there:

-Neyra and maybe a certain youngin he helps out

-Carr

-Gene Burhcam

-Ralph

-Peters

-Stymie

I may be bringing another buddy that hasn't raced in a while, but should be fast there...  So, 1000 GT and SB 1 and 2 should be good!!

I'm in for this.  Heading over Friday afternoon.

I think the following hot shoes will also be there:

-Neyra and maybe a certain youngin he helps out

-Carr

-Gene Burhcam

-Ralph

-Peters

-Stymie

I may be bringing another buddy that hasn't raced in a while, but should be fast there...  So, 1000 GT and SB 1 and 2 should be good!!

Quit bringing all these guys we can't keep up with.  :p

lol I realized that the again apart of the race school made it seemed like I failed previous.. this was not the case, I merely took the MCRA race school. got the license  payed everything then did nothing with it

but im excited..nervous.. but very excited

The biggest hurdle is the start.  Take your time.  Relax and understand that it is your first race and to get off cleanly and work your OWN race.  Get it under your belt and it is cake from there.  The start is the funnest part for me, but can be VERY sketchy when first starting out.

Here's a bit of an idea of my first ever race...  I was gridded 43rd or 46th (I cannot remember...) at Putnam for C Production Novice.  This was at Putnam also...  I could BARELY see the starter tower and flag person.  I was literally just off the exit of 10!!!  Thank God I was gridded on the second to last row because I got a shit start, but the fun part was picking guys off.  Talk about traffic management!!!

You'll be fine.  Grid is much smaller and you go well.  It's just a track day at a higher rate of speed off the bat and with the traffic management you've developed with being a track day rider, you will navigate well up to the guy that is closer to your ability.  Then you get to battle and think on your attacks.  FUN STUFF!!!  Welcome to the madness and you'll get a full plate of the differences between racing and track days.  It is hammer down instantly.

yeah, thanks brian. im stoked more excited than nervous.. ive done  quite a few mocks starts... and driving into turn 1's  deff no master.. so muc to learn.. I think its better that I know the track pretty well. plus i'll but the shit outta you and Matt for pointers.. its honestly Matt Carrs' fault he has been buggin the hell out of me to bite the bullet and try it. for a while and even more recently!

Who is making the trip?  On the fence?  Need a ride? Have a trailer spot to fill?

Where does everyone stay since they don't allow camping?  Looking for something cheap.

Me and Zack are 99% in on the weekend, trackday Sat, and him racing on Sun.  Just us two packed up in my Tundra.

Where is everyone staying - camping or hoteling on Main street? Gotta admit, nothing like a comfy bed after day of pounding the track (vs sleeping in a tent), but camping is fun too!

Edited by i-Zapp