Pro Football Player Insults Military

chevysoldier

Sounds like you are justifying your dislike of football. NFL has thousands of players. Tens of thousands of ex players from college and above. How hard is it to find someone in any sport who says something stupid?

Uneducated moronic comments don't just come out of football players. They come out of 98% of people in this country, you should turn your hate to people as opposed to football. The sport itself is not the blame, people are. It is very much akin to blaming the gun and not the person :nono:

Sounds like you are justifying your dislike of football. NFL has thousands of players. Tens of thousands of ex players from college and above. How hard is it to find someone in any sport who says something stupid?

I'm not justifying anything. How often do you hear about a fan or player from another sport doing or saying something incredibly stupid? Occasionally sure but not the same publicity or frequency of football. OJ, Maurice clarett, Michael Vick. Three off the top of my head.

But that was just my personal side note and feeling on the topic.

I'm not justifying anything. How often do you hear about a fan or player from another sport doing or saying something incredibly stupid? Occasionally sure but not the same publicity or frequency of football. OJ, Maurice clarett, Michael Vick. Three off the top of my head.

Baseball - John Rocker, Roger Clemens, Andy Pettit, Rafael Palmero

Tennis - John McEnroe

Basketball - Shaq, Barkley, Jordan, DeShawn Stevenson, Lebron

Hockey - I don't remember his name but I know he played for the Rangers and said/did dumb shit all the time. The other guy that tried decapitating multiple players

I could do this all day

It is completely fine to have your opinion and yes, what he said was totally ignorant. But, the issue I have is that it is "yet another reason" you have a hatred towards football.

WTF? Really?

There are people on here, at your work, in your family, in sports you do like, etc. that say stupid things. Do you hate everyone and everything because of it?

How dumb was his comment? Do you think it's easier to be in the NFL or the US military?

Who gives a shit what he says? It's a tweet.

Or was his comment dumb because no one is allowed to say anything bad about it without offending you?

He's a fucktard for saying it and thinking way too highly of himself....maybe some public humiliation will set him straight going forward.

Or maybe not.  

As for football as a sport, I love it.  

Haters are gonna hate.  

I'm not saying what he said wasn't disrespectful, but it really doesn't take much skill to pick up a shotgun and shoot someone. I've honestly never had training on shooting a gun, but I don't think I'd have any 'skill' related trouble with picking up a shotgun and killing someone, had they broke into my house.

I do however, find that I'd have a hard time defending an NFL caliber receiver. I've had extensive football training at the DB and FS positions, and I still believe this to be true.

So in essence, it might be easier to shoot someone than to be an NFL DB.

Still disrespectful none-the-less.

I'm not saying what he said wasn't disrespectful, but it really doesn't take much skill to pick up a shotgun and shoot someone. I've honestly never had training on shooting a gun, but I don't think I'd have any 'skill' related trouble with picking up a shotgun and killing someone, had they broke into my house.

I do however, find that I'd have a hard time defending an NFL caliber receiver. I've had extensive football training at the DB and FS positions, and I still believe this to be true.

lol.  wow.  That is hilarious.  No disrespect, though!

It is completely fine to have your opinion and yes, what he said was totally ignorant. But, the issue I have is that it is "yet another reason" you have a hatred towards football.

WTF? Really?

There are people on here, at your work, in your family, in sports you do like, etc. that say stupid things. Do you hate everyone and everything because of it?

Who said "hatred"?

American football is stupid and so are its fans. Especially the fans that continually root for Cleveland... just dumb. Dumb as a box of rocks.

Can't argue with that, lol

You know why akron doesn't have a pro football team? Because then cleveland would want one... lol

Shotgun?

Did Biden join the military?

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

I agree.

It's a completely ignorant 'retort,' but the fact is supply and demand dictate the salaries of most professions.

There are millions of Americans who meet the military's qualifications to be a soldier, and only a few thousand athletes in the world who can perform at the level the NFL demands. 

Salary should not be viewed as a direct correlation to value or worth.  (not to mention the fact that the notion that all the military does is 'kill people' is ridiculous.)

• Upvote 1