2000 Kawasaki Zx9-r $2700

TheBrown57

Time to sell the bike. It's not a necessity and things have come up that require me to make a grown up decision (no matter how much I will miss her)

Anyways here's the details

2000 ZX9-R

35,000 miles

3rd owner

Geared -1/+1

SpeedoDRD installed so it reads correctly

Two Brothers Carbon Fiber Exhaust

Integrated tail light

Double bubble wind screen

Aftermarket Shorty levers

Green LED kit

Monster can radiator overflow designed by yours truely

Oil change this past month (Rotella T)

Never been laid down (was dropped at a stop light and in a drive way by the previous owner, nothing major by any means)

K&N Air filter (Less than 10,000 miles)

Good tires (road 2's)

New front pads earlier this year

New chain and sprocket (Aug. 1st 2013)

Was dyno'd at 132hp and 68 torque by Dyno Bryan at an OR dyno day

Included is a Battery Tender and the car lighter outlet I set up in the tail section. Will throw in a rear stand as well

221868_4433169662454_1339145626_n.jpg

616316_4354083245343_94979199_o.jpg

616392_4329013898625_839551349_o.jpg

63183_4730358091979_204305227_n.jpg

309488_4301269445031_350826203_n.jpg

Edited by TheBrown57

Thanks guys, really don't want to sell her but having money in the bank and piece of mind are more important than the bike right now. I'll have another bike eventually, maybe a nice scooter after tax return! If not, in 2 years once the car is paid off I'm getting a ZX-14 and joining the hypersport club :lol:

No I'm not getting it cause it goes fast, I love the looks and just love the design of the bike in general.

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, really don't want to sell her but having money in the bank and piece of mind are more important than the bike right now. I'll have another bike eventually, maybe a nice scooter after tax return! If not, in 2 years once the car is paid off I'm getting a ZX-14 and joining the hypersport club :lol:

No I'm not getting it cause it goes fast, I love the looks and just love the design of the bike in general.

Sucks to hear Jeremy, hope everything works out and you get what you're asking.  I'll ask around and let ya know if anyone bites on it.  Fair price so it should sell quickly enough.

You'll love the 14.  Comfy, capable, and goes from crusin' to mach in a twist of the wrist ;)

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 1

Corey......'06-'08 ZX14's "can" ( loose term as it's rare ) be had in the $5k-$6k range. I bought my '08 in early '09 for less than $8500 @ 5k miles with Brocks system and pc3 already tuned. There's good deals out there for them, just gotta hold out until they reveal themselves. Told myself I'd wait at least a year to buy a bike after selling my YZF......yeah, that lasted about 5 weeks before I was convulsing and dry heaving from the withdrawal symptoms. Wasn't even shopping for a hyper, really wanted a Concours but the new one's had just been out a year so all were $10k or more -- and when this 14 popped up on CL, I dove on it.

Jeremy......is your cel # still the same? I may hand out your number to a guy here at work that is showing some interest......Oh, and if the asking price is paid out, would you consider lending him your face just for 30 minutes as a vagina simulator? If not, he did say it "probably" wouldn't be a deal breaker.....but it would surely sweeten the pot ;)

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 1

Hellmutti found some in that price range but they had way too many miles on them for me. All my previous bikes have been high milage and a few were not so great. I've been without a ride for 3 months and its been terrible. So I jumped on the 12 cause I haven't seen very many around. Plus the 12 has a full muzzy and pcIII on it so I'm set for a while. Next one will be a 14 though. It doesn't really matter though the 12 is still a hyper

Hellmutti found some in that price range but they had way too many miles on them for me. All my previous bikes have been high milage and a few were not so great. I've been without a ride for 3 months and its been terrible. So I jumped on the 12 cause I haven't seen very many around. Plus the 12 has a full muzzy and pcIII on it so I'm set for a while. Next one will be a 14 though. It doesn't really matter though the 12 is still a hyper

I don't blame ya, I've always had low mile bikes and I really like the 12's too - especially since they're a rare breed to see around much ( at least in my neck of the woods ).   That's what drew me into the 14's, hardly see many out there.  I'd own any hyper other than a Busa, only due to their over-popularity.  What fun is it to ride something you see everywhere else?  Plus the Busa tails of any year are not attractive, imo.   Best lookin' Busa I've ever seen had a GSXR1k tail conversion.......anyway, sorry for the threadjack Jeremy -- GLWS

Edited by Hellmutt

It's all good :lol:

I agree with owning something that you don't see very often. I've only seen 2 other ZX9's around me and same can be said for 14's and 12's. I'm also done with carbs and am ready to go FI on all future bikes (unless its a single carb scooter XD)

• 2 weeks later...