Moto Series Track Day - Sport Bike Track Time Comparison

oldschoolsdime92

Yah it's healthy but we're preaching to the choir. I think the take home messages are that riders need to be screened by the trackday org before advancing (done by STT more so than MS), and that no matter what group, there will exist a potential for a speed differential that needs to be handled with caution (STT stresses with specific rules MS not so much). If folks don't belong in a group there should be a discussion with that rider and/ or the org.

Just my "too sense"

i'm going to try to refrain from launching into anything too wordy but i will point out (having attended more than a few events with STT, midohio PTR, and motoseries) that:

1. caution in terms of speed/pace differentials should be pretty common sense for anyone who has played in intermediate OR advanced in ANY organization. If you're new to I or A, it's ALWAYS a learning experience, regardless of org.

2. that, despite #1, such dangers ARE mentioned in any riders meeting I've attended, regardless of the org. Passing rules are a different story: every org is different. Despite that, I see the same types of passes in I and A groups of any org.

3. that yes, no matter who you ride with, if you see someone who doesn't belong in a certain group or is generally dangerous, you should say something. If you do, and there is inadequate response, that's a problem. again, no matter what org.

disclaimer: this post, and any post i might get into later are ONLY from me personally, and do not represent the views of any org I've ridden with, staff with, have lingerie parties with, etc etc

These are all interesting points. Luckily for myself , we didn't have any close passes or anything of the sort. The passing that did happen was clean. Just threw me for a loop because I was under the impression it wasn't allowed. I'm going to continue to be the slow guy in novice for awhile. I've had a blast, met some nice folks, and learned a ton!

if you see someone who doesn't belong in a certain group or is generally dangerous, you should say something.

I just want to highlight this as everyone bitches about what happened after the weekend was over. If nothing is said the day of, nothing can be done. Not everything can be seen at all times so if someone is pointed out as a rider that needs watched makes it easier to look for them.