Moto Series Track Day - Sport Bike Track Time Comparison

oldschoolsdime92

jerk!  just kidding, Saturday was great.  no issues personally.

Sunday well my bawls just weren't big enough to head out there in that..

There were several of us with BLUE balls after Sunday.  But, I would say that not a single person would bust your balls over not racing in the rain as your first race.  Wise choice and better to get out at maybe the last Nelson round or something when it is dry.  You'll learn a lot more anyways.

Was a blast hanging with you for the weekend and at dinner.  Fun stuff!!!

There were several of us with BLUE balls after Sunday.  But, I would say that not a single person would bust your balls over not racing in the rain as your first race.  Wise choice and better to get out at maybe the last Nelson round or something when it is dry.  You'll learn a lot more anyways.

Was a blast hanging with you for the weekend and at dinner.  Fun stuff!!!

I've got blue elbow, ribs and hand from racing with slicks in the rain......so my balls are a little blue too!!! lol

Cool seeing Hob. The SP looked awesome. He was even very detailed with the tape job! Twisted and better half annoyed us all weekend. ;) Rusty was a hoot. And the Ducati Indy guys were awesome as usual.

i had planned on bugging the shit out of you and Matt Carr all day trying to get my suspension dialed in, but i ended up just playing around with it myself throughout the day.  i got the front end semi sorted.  still think i need to pull some preload out, and add a bit more rebound.  the rear i need to add more rebound and a bit more compression.  but all in all i had a great time, and adapting to the riding style of the hyper came a bit quicker than i thought.  this thing is a blast to ride on the track.

the 600s would pull me down the straight, not by a lot, but they still pulled me.  but i could catch them in the corners, need to push my self to brake a little later.  it was fun having the front end lift a bit coming out of 8.

my biggest obstacle on the hyper is how light/touchy the throttle is.  it was hard to be smooth with it.  more seat time will cure that.

Edited by Hoblick

i had planned on bugging the shit out of you and Matt Carr all day trying to get my suspension dialed in, but i ended up just playing around with it myself throughout the day.  i got the front end semi sorted.  still think i need to pull some preload out, and add a bit more rebound.  the rear i need to add more rebound and a bit more compression.  but all in all i had a great time, and adapting to the riding style of the hyper came a bit quicker than i thought.  this thing is a blast to ride on the track.

the 600s would pull me down the straight, not by a lot, but they still pulled me.  but i could catch them in the corners, need to push my self to brake a little later.  it was fun having the front end lift a bit coming out of 8.

my biggest obstacle on the hyper is how light/touchy the throttle is.  it was hard to be smooth with it.  more seat time will cure that.

Yeah, we have been discussing somehow getting a stiffer resistance spring in the throttle housing.  The throttle is just too light and touchy.

Also, the cam timing numbers need to be checked sometimes.  If you have ANY stalling issues say, when you are coming to stop or similar, let me know.  The cam timing numbers can make the thing a HOOOOOOT!

Loads of fun Saturday. A few questionable bikes in advanced. Especially the 250s. They just are so much slower. Closing speeds were insane. But, nothing crazy or dangerous.

I suspect Zack and I were the "questionable" ones. First time at the track, and although signed up for A we were actually considering bumping down to I before the day started. Todd strongly suggested against it. So be it, we're not blazing fast but fairly consistent and predictable - Zack races, and I pretend.  So, what makes an advanced rider questionable then - not FAST enough?? The intermediate group guys eventually need to move up and become the slow A guys. Not as much fun, but the best way to become faster. And as far as riding a 250 in A goes, their corner speeds are right up there. You big boys know how to get around if you need to. :)

And while i'm at it, Chuck - what are YOU doing goofing off in I group?!!!

I suspect Zack and I were the "questionable" ones. First time at the track, and although signed up for A we were actually considering bumping down to I before the day started. Todd strongly suggested against it. So be it, we're not blazing fast but fairly consistent and predictable - Zack races, and I pretend.  So, what makes an advanced rider questionable then - not FAST enough?? The intermediate group guys eventually need to move up and become the slow A guys. Not as much fun, but the best way to become faster. And as far as riding a 250 in A goes, their corner speeds are right up there. You big boys know how to get around if you need to. :)

And while i'm at it, Chuck - what are YOU doing goofing off in I group?!!

I like goofing off.....lol  I know there were a few riders that weren't use to someone going around them fast in the corners in "I" group because I could see them jump and change lines quick and about run off track or hitting someone else......maybe they should even be in "I" group???  wasn't really even that close to them.

Maybe next time i'll ride with you and Zack in A group.....lol

that's because most of the people in Int group are just getting used to passing.. also passing with  a  wingspan between them... hence getting spooked when you would fast pass them .. (not to be that douche) but I watched you get pretty close to race passes while you were in Int. they were  CLEAN and predictable passes.. but  to close for Int groupies

that's because most of the people in Int group are just getting used to passing.. also passing with  a  wingspan between them... hence getting spooked when you would fast pass them .. (not to be that douche) but I watched you get pretty close to race passes while you were in Int. they were  CLEAN and predictable passes.. but  to close for Int groupies

All motoseries requires is a clean pass for I group, there are no distance requirements. 

Just so It's clear.......I wasn't any where near to race pass close, If I  was too close to anyone they should of told Todd or your leaders and I wouldn't had any problem with giving more room or going to A group when there are other riding group combined together because I only know Motoseries rules so tell me if there is a problem and I'll gladly follow any advice.

Just so It's clear.......I wasn't any where near to race pass close, If I  was too close to anyone they should of told Todd or your leaders and I wouldn't had any problem with giving more room or going to A group when there are other riding group combined together because I only know Motoseries rules so tell me if there is a problem and I'll gladly follow any advice.

These events are still run under motoseries rules, I'm sure you were fine.

again.. I saw no problems with the passes.. and in the riders meeting it wasn't specified as far as passing rules. again its riders job to be informed but still. and lets not get in a fit about rules from motoseries to indy ducati, the day was great..  and it was only a few times in the whole day.. I never said it was a race pass but I did see a few that were closer than some Int people would be used too. that it.. nothing to go to the higher ups about.. sheesh people get butt hurt quick:P