Your Helmet Is < Than This One

Hoblick

i think it's cool, but unless that shit is a LOT lighter than a nexx carbon or schuberth carbon helmet, and they send you a head mold (since, you know... they make it for each customer) that's just batshit crazy.

The helmet is hand made and due to the carbon they use, it takes about 60 days to complete.  It is a pretty high scale carbon and used in F1 racing.  Also, everything is painted (except the decal for Ducati/Arai) by hand also.  They will also put your name on the helmet also which most do not do as it will limit the ability to sell later...

Arai has the same one available without the Ducati logos.  Just straight carbon...

It's one of those things that shows what Arai CAN do and what technology exists and the ability to get into the hands of regular people.  These are produced like the carbon F1 helmet as used by only those drivers and not the general public.  We all know the cost of F1 racing and $4k plus isn't out of the norm...  Wait until you hear what those steering wheels cost...

It's pretty cool.  If you attended the IMS shows this year, they had one at Arai and explained a lot of the process.  It's a pretty spectacular lid and has things you will never find in anything else.  I am not an Arai fan as to the cost vs. what protection they provide.  I think they are worth the price as even now with several helmet companies doing some great things, when I put on my Arai, I am impressed.  The fit and feel and the quality are pretty tough to beat.  But, there are several lids that are impressive and do a great job.  I run Bells right now and have been since the Star was brought out.  I am a fan of Bell, but have to give it up that Arai is a pretty damn great lid also...

This is just an example of technology...  Simply put.

• Upvote 2

Nice lid. I've bought cars for 1/4 that price.

Pokey, what lids do you prefer? I was wearing a $250 lid when I smacked my noggin' on the BRP. It was a no-speed tip over and I had a concussion for 5 days. I bought another Arai and swore off cheap helmets fo' life. I've not ridden in a helmet I like more than Arai, but that doesn't mean they're the best around.

I am a Shoei guy, not cheap either but better all around for the money IMHO over Arai.