Cycle Analysis in Cleveland...any experience?

InyaAzz

High prices.  Mediocre service.

I used to get tires mounted there.  I never felt comfortable using them for anything else.  They charged a good friend over $1k to service an older Suzuki.  I didn't run right after, and they didn't stand behind the work. 

High prices.  Mediocre service.

I used to get tires mounted there.  I never felt comfortable using them for anything else.  They charged a good friend over $1k to service an older Suzuki.  I didn't run right after, and they didn't stand behind the work. 

Yeah, I figured as much. I was semi hoping I was wrong.

You need to stop playing around with that M109 and get a damn track bike.

:D

Selling the Ninja next Spring (hopefully). Then I'll start the track bike journey. 

My 9 is purdy. You should come touch it.

Your inbox is full

All better now.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used them since 06.  I prefer to do my own work so I've only gone in for big things.  Only had one problem with a carb sync on my Bandit back in 08.  I called and griped because it ran like shit and got lousy mileage, and they told me the tech that did the work lied on his resume and did a bunch of shoddy work for them.  I brought it back and had it fixed in a day and running right, free of charge.  Had no problem with tires getting mounted and they can usually do it while you wait, provided you bring the wheels in and call ahead to make sure they have someone available.  Otherwise it's usually a day turnaround.

John (the owner) and I are on a first name basis and I get a pretty good feeling from doing business from him.  They aren't perfect but no shop is.  I think he may cycle through techs for one reason or another, I think they have a notable ebb and flow with work throughout the season causing some guys to leave.

Basically I'm trying to say I haven't had any issues with them that they were not quick to resolve.  If they screwed up, they investigated, admitted fault, and made things right.

I've been happy enough with their work to not bother trying another shop so I don't have a good comparison other than my own experiences.

I've used them since 06.  I prefer to do my own work so I've only gone in for big things.  Only had one problem with a carb sync on my Bandit back in 08.  I called and griped because it ran like shit and got lousy mileage, and they told me the tech that did the work lied on his resume and did a bunch of shoddy work for them.  I brought it back and had it fixed in a day and running right, free of charge.  Had no problem with tires getting mounted and they can usually do it while you wait, provided you bring the wheels in and call ahead to make sure they have someone available.  Otherwise it's usually a day turnaround.

John (the owner) and I are on a first name basis and I get a pretty good feeling from doing business from him.  They aren't perfect but no shop is.  I think he may cycle through techs for one reason or another, I think they have a notable ebb and flow with work throughout the season causing some guys to leave.

Basically I'm trying to say I haven't had any issues with them that they were not quick to resolve.  If they screwed up, they investigated, admitted fault, and made things right.

I've been happy enough with their work to not bother trying another shop so I don't have a good comparison other than my own experiences.

Thanks for the input. I do most of my own work too, but with the temperature falling and no experience (or the proper tools) to take the shaft hub and swingarm apart, I'd rather leave it to someone who's got experience with this bike. And this isn't the type of thing that I want to find out on the road that the person didn't know what they were doing..especially since I won't be able to road test it until Spring next year.

I'm sure if you ask John directly how confident he is in the work he'll tell you.  They take all kinds except Ducati, due to the need for many expensive special tools.  He said he's mess with my Aprilia if I wanted, but admitted he only knows enough to get in trouble.