Just shoot him?

Scruit

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/10/28/ohio-death-penalty-new-method-two-drugs.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio says it will use a never-tried dose of two drugs injected intravenously to put to death an inmate who raped and killed his girlfriend's 3-year-old daughter.

Why experiment?  Shoot him in the head.  It'll be lights out before he knows it.

Or use one of those bolt guns they use to stun/kill cattle.  If it is "humane" enough for cattle then it's fine for humans too.

Edited by Scruit
  • Upvote 2

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/10/28/ohio-death-penalty-new-method-two-drugs.html

Why experiment?  Shoot him in the head.  It'll be lights out before he knows it.

Or use one of those bolt guns they use to stun/kill cattle.  If it is "humane" enough for cattle then it's fine for humans too.

Man I am starting to like you more and more.  Actually told my wife about your home survailence install after our discussion about hitting/not hitting a women(which she aid anyone who wouldn't hit her back is a moron because she can kill you in a few seconds) and she said we may need to talk about one for our place.  Especially with some of the stuff I have on site now. 

I don't even understand why the execution has to be humane. These animals were certainly not humane to their victims...turnabout is fair play. A bullet to the head is too kind for most.

this

I like "eye for an eye" type of shit better

• Upvote 2

All this money being spent to ensure some scumbag dies pleasently. Fuck that, 20 ft of rope is $8.99 at home depot. Tie him tight and hang him high. That same rope can be used for other things around the prison while it's not being used to execute the guilty. Can be used over and over again. Seems pretty simple to me.

• Upvote 4

The guy raped and killed a 3 year old! Why make it humane? Kill him with .22 bullets. They are cheap. No shots to the head. Make it slow and painful to dissuade other perps from harming innocent kids.

Ohio is second only to Texas in the number of inmates executed each year, and we still have murders.  If you want to make the argument that certain crimes should be punished by death, you're entitled to your opinion, but there is no indication whatsoever that execution (let alone manner of execution) dissuades criminals from committing the same or similar offenses.

You're dealing with a segment of the population who either does not consider, or does not care about the consequences of their actions.  You are trying to apply logical thinking to illogical minds.  Therein lies the frustration, and (IMHO) the most compelling argument to execute:  the inability to rehabilitate makes everything else moot.

The violent offender does not deserve better treatment than the innocent victims.

While I can sympathize with your appeal to emotion, the constitution remains... you can't declare it an iron clad contract with the American people on one occasion, and a dismissible bit of red tape in another.

I understand and agree with your position on not flip flopping however it is in my interpretation that the offender did not find it cruel or unusual to do what they did to their victim(s) therefore it's acceptable to do the same to them

Obviously this holds no legal standing I'm sure, just my thinking when it comes to cases like this

• Upvote 1

It isn't a cruel and unusual punishment if the violent offender uses similar force onto innocent victims. It isn't a statement to appeal to emotion, it is a fact. The original offender showed no mercy to the victims, so no mercy should be expected on his behalf.

Put him in front of a jury of parents, and it would most likely not be considered cruel or unusual. Another option would be to not grant him special treatment, and let him spend some time in general population. If he goes in general population, the whole discussion of cruel and unusual becomes moot. It would be a win for tax payers.

Put him in front of a jury of parents, and it would most likely not be considered cruel or unusual. Another option would be to not grant him special treatment, and let him spend some time in general population. If he goes in general population, the whole discussion of cruel and unusual becomes moot. It would be a win for tax payers.

It's a jury of your peers, not a jury of people who would feel strongest about your crimes...

A judge and jury has no control of HOW their sentence/judgment is carried out

I believe you're incorrect... The judge decides how the sentence will be carried out... Or am I wrong about that? (i'm not a legal major, but that is the way I've always understood it)

The judge declares if jail sentences will be served concurrently or consecutively, the mode of death for death penalty convicts.. etc...

Edited by magley64

I'm pretty certain I'm correct at least when it comes to capital punishment. They can sentence them to death but I believe the state government declares what the humane way is at that point in time