Just shoot him?

Scruit

Some states still use firing squads. I don't see how that isn't a reasonable execution. I am a supporter of lethal injection, but I don't care for the electric chair or the gas chamber. I would much more support a single bullet to the side of the head, but then you don't have anonymity like you would in a firing squad.

Some states allow you to choose your method of execution from an approved list.

In this day and age, we can certainly create a mechanical means of execution by bullet.

Some states allow you to choose your method of execution from an approved list.

In this day and age, we can certainly create a mechanical means of execution by bullet.

There are lots of mechanical means of killing people, It doesn't require gunpowder.

The lethal injection doesn't require as much in the way of cleanup though..

I'm also on board with Sam's rope idea. No sense in spending toms of money, but we all know that's what our governments do. The most cost-effective way isn't the "humane" way. We need to spend millions, people. Millions!

This works, usually

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24633608

sometimes it doesn't work.

Ohio is second only to Texas in the number of inmates executed each year, and we still have murders.  If you want to make the argument that certain crimes should be punished by death, you're entitled to your opinion, but there is no indication whatsoever that execution (let alone manner of execution) dissuades criminals from committing the same or similar offenses.

You're dealing with a segment of the population who either does not consider, or does not care about the consequences of their actions.  You are trying to apply logical thinking to illogical minds.  Therein lies the frustration, and (IMHO) the most compelling argument to execute:  the inability to rehabilitate makes everything else moot.

Make it available for the public to see, show and tell is a powerful learning tool.

Even seen an industrial potato peeling machine?  Imagine a large cylinder with a sanding disk where the floor would be.  You throw about 50 potatoes in and they tumble around, when they hit the bottom they have a bit of skin sanded off.  They stay in there long enough, they have ALL of the skin sanded off.

So, who wants to help fund my kickstarter project for a human-sized peeler for child molesters?   We could give them a bunch of painkillers first so it's not  "cruel".  Although I can't argue the assertion that is it quite "unusual".

Failing that, human-sized microwave?  :microwave:

(Yes, I know that the more harsh a punishment the more desperate a criminal is and the more extreme measures they will take to escape the cops.  But that's ok because we don't allow cops to use force against bad guys until the bad guy has already killed them and they have been dead for no less than 30 minutes)