More small engine woes

max power

I have conquered the $50 leaf blower.

Took the carb off and stripped it down for the 6th or 7th time and blew everything out with carb cleaner and air.

Put it back together and the bitch fired right up and ran fine.

Gonna put it to the test this weekend to make sure, but I ran it for 20 minutes last night without issues.

Thank you for your support.

I think many of the problems people have with small 2-stroke lawn equipment is due to ethanol in gasoline today. I go to my local airport with my debit card and purchase 2 gallons of LL100. I use Klotz R50 2-stroke oil mixed very precisely at 50:1, use a ratio rite cup to make this easy. All of my lawn equipment is Husqvarna ( string trimmer, leaf blowers, chain saws, hedge trimmers & such) the oldest being my string trimmer at 17 years old. I've never once even had to take out the spark plug for cleaning and they all run top notch and start easily.

ratio-rite_rrc-1.jpg

I agree on the ethanol. I only run shell 93 as I'm way too busy to go to the airport for fuel.

This wasn't a bad fuel issue however as it was a new unit. Something was either clogging a jet or the diaphragm was installed incorrectly creating an air leak when throttled up.