"Bike doesn't take full throttle since a repaint"

Ryan_c_F

Hi, all.

I've been looking for an upgrade to my Katana 750, and I found a nice-looking Triumph Daytona 955i on Craigslist.

Seller is saying that he had the bike resprayed, and since reassembly, it hasn't been able to go WOT without shutting down.

Is this likely a crimp in the fuel line, or...?

Any thoughts? I might go look at this bike, and I want to make sure it wouldn't be something that would require thousands in repairs.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/4176186614.html

No mirrors no signals. I can see one missing bolt. This wasn't done with love. Probably has other issues.

You wanna haggle with him ask about rear wheel bearings. Brakes will feel soft also that shit is good for a grand off. I would look over it really good.

You that interested in it find a local triumph owner with tune ecu and plug it in. All will be revealed.

Edited by Anden

Looks like he updated the listing. Now says it's a tip over sensor and it was diagnosed by a triumph dealer. $57 to fix. If it was that cheap he should have just bought one and he would have a leg to stand on asking $2000. If I could see it with mirrors signals on it's getting closer to his price point.

he's had that thing up on clist since June. I'd steer clear of it if it were me unless you could pick it up for like $1k on a gamble. He emailed me about trading for the VFR and I had zero interest

• 1 month later...