Electricians 220 volt...

rawlins87

A 220 breaker splits the legs itself. Do you space in your breaker box for a 220 breaker? Normally the size of two normal breakers? Unless you're using two seperate breakers which is dumb. I'd do it for cast iron welding training maybe....is this in a garage or house and is it to a outlet, need conduit, going thru walls?

Are at least two of them on the same side next two eachother. You should be able to find a closer person to do this, although I might be down that way this weekend. Its extremely simple.

You're good to go then. From what you're running , find out what breaker you need, could be 30, 40, 60 amp. My welder is a a 30amp, then the plug style you need, the correct size shielded wire unless in conduit, then single wires are ok, red and black to the breaker white to neutral bar, ground to ground bar in the panel, some neutral and grounds are on the same bar in the panel. Outlet is common sense. Don't touch anything shiny and have the breaker off when doing it.

You're good to go then. From what you're running , find out what breaker you need, could be 30, 40, 60 amp. My welder is a a 30amp, then the plug style you need, the correct size shielded wire unless in conduit, then single wires are ok, red and black to the breaker white to neutral bar, ground to ground bar in the panel, some neutral and grounds are on the same bar in the panel. Outlet is common sense. Don't touch anything shiny and have the breaker off when doing it.

Yup.. Done deal right here. Its not hard. It can be intimidating for the uninitiated though.