Boot repair in Columbus area

ohiomike

I have a couple pairs of older Rocky Mountain boots.  Insulated, gore tex, but the freaking soles just started falling apart!  Like they rotted or something.  I'd like to check into getting them re soled, but have no clue which repair shops can do the job right.  I keep hearing horror stories and want to avoid all that if possible.

Anyone know of any repair shops that you would recommend?

thanks

Edited by ohiomike

Most shops are gone. I don't get repairs anymore. The harsh reality is most shops will charge close to what a new pair of boots would cost. Even at half the new cost, I'd rather go ahead and get new.

The last decent old time place I knew of appears to be gone.

btw, unless it's made with a Goodyear last (leather and stitched), it probably won't be repairable anyway.

The one piece molded and glued soles don't generally get repaired.

edit: after having some boots fall apart, I started buying Converse for Summer, they last longer. And still buying Wolverine, for Winter..

Edited by ReconRat

There was one in Westerville, not sure where they just relocated. Get rid of those Chinese boots, Rocky sold out and are not what they sadly used to be. :(

Man these boots fit great.  They are my old work boots for 'in the deep snow, sub zero weather working outdoors all day'.  Always kept my feet warm and dry.  Uppers are still in great shape, just those freaking soles rotting away.....the one pair is over 20 yrs old according to Rocky Boots, and the other pair is about half as old and has only been used to deer hunt in, so they've not been worn much at all.  I checked around and replacing them with anything close is going to colst over $200...

Most shops are gone. I don't get repairs anymore. The harsh reality is most shops will charge close to what a new pair of boots would cost. Even at half the new cost, I'd rather go ahead and get new.

The last decent old time place I knew of appears to be gone.

btw, unless it's made with a Goodyear last (leather and stitched), it probably won't be repairable anyway.

The one piece molded and glued soles don't generally get repaired.

edit: after having some boots fall apart, I started buying Converse for Summer, they last longer. And still buying Wolverine, for Winter..

You're probably right Recon.  As much as I hate to throw quality stuff away instead of fixing it, maybe its time......Still have to replace them with something reasonably priced....if there is such a thing...lol

thanks

Edited by ohiomike