Bexley PD dash cam: Kevin Kurgis' daughter rams cruiser

chevysoldier

How many whacks with a night stick does it take to bust out a window. Looked like the guy on the passenger side was swinging forever.

it's harder than you think.

She is beyond screwed though.  She turned a red light ticket and a DUI (which daddy probably COULD have gotten her out of relatively unscathed) into felony fleeing, obstruction, and probably a few counts of attempted aggravated vehicular assault, with enhancements due to the fact that it was LEO's she was attempting to harm.   Those are all felonies, and I saw at least 3 officers in danger of being run-over. (and there is a "reckless" section of the statute, which I don't think can really be argued even if her attorney makes a convincing argument she lacked any intent to harm anyone)

Edited by redkow97

redkow...  Of course YOU know this, but for everyone else... "recklessness" does not require intent.  It IS intent (for legal purposes) - Was she aware that she was putting people in danger yet continued doing what she was doing?   That's all the mens rea I'd need to send her ass down the river as a juror.   (At the very LEAST it's criminally negligent even if they convince the jury she was too wasted to know she was putting people in danger)