For sale or trade - Rem 770 w/80rds .308

Helmutt

post-13733-0-60813500-1386265007_thumb.j

SOLD

My boss wants to move his Remington 770 that's been lightly used with about 60 rounds through it.  He's including a bipod, 3-9x40 scope, and 80 rds of .308. 

He said he "may" entertain other firearm trades

Asking $400.  I'll forward his info on to anyone interested.

SOLD

Edited by Hellmutt

770? He will be lucky to get $400 for that.  There is no aftermarket for that rifle and accuracy does suffer on them.  They are good starter rifles but that is about it.  Kinda like the ninja250.  That and MSRP is lower than his asking price

http://www.remington.com/en/products/firearms/compact/centerfire/model-770-compact.aspx

• Upvote 1

He'll take less, hence "asking price".  He's spent almost $150 on the bipod and ammo, and bought the gun for just under $400.  So, if he's invested $550 and gets an offer for $350, he'll likely take it

• Upvote 1

Ok, Just helping out with some info.

No harm no foul. Thanks for the insight

AKA he wanted to shit in your thread and had no intentions of buying.

Meh, not a problem. I assume he was just calling a spade a spade......I did notice your link above was for a 770 chambered in .243win so not sure the pricing is the same on his gun or not.

Edited by Hellmutt

AKA he wanted to shit in your thread and had no intentions of buying.

Yeah, had no intentions of buying but I do have a very extensive background in firearms and shooting in general.  From being paid to do it to long range precision shooting being a hobby. 

We all know people who are convince that whatever they have is special and want more than it is worth.  Not at all saying that this is the case here, was obviously not. 

• Upvote 1

I'll forward on his cel # for anyone interested in negotiating with him, he said he'd LIKE the asking price but will surely haggle some as well as consider a possible trade....but of course cash is preferred since he wants to fund a new AR. I can attest that the gun is very well kept and never mistreated.

• 2 weeks later...

$350 firm. If this sells he's swore to invest the proceeds towards adopting a homeless AR15 in need of a good home, so this is selling for a really good cause folks.....C'mon, buy today and help save a carbine

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...