3/8-3/10 Jenningw GP rolecall rideshare info

RHill

Attending????????  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the 3/8-3/10 Jennings Track Day? If, which days?

• Nope, I'm a sad panda.
    • Yes, I'll be there all 3 days
    • Yes, Saturday(8th) and Sunday(9th)
    • Yes, Sunday (9th) and Monday(10th)
  2. 2. Do you have a ride planned? If no and there are limiting factors, choose the prefered dates.

• Yes, leaving friday returning monday
    • Yes, leaving friday returning monday night
    • Yes, leaving friday returning tuesday
    • Yes, leaving Saturday retunring monday night
    • Yes, leaving Saturday retunring tuesday
    • No,leaving friday returning monday
    • No, leaving friday returning monday night
    • No , leaving friday returning tuesday
    • No, leaving Saturday retunring monday night
    • No, leaving Saturday retunring tuesday

Unofficial races went:

Expert: 1 turn

Intermediate: 2 laps and I bit it pushing to catch up. And a target fixate runoff following me. And a super moto that needed picked up.

Novice: Couple turns.. I was busy figuring what needed fixed on my bike

You didn't miss much....for the mock races.

Just messing with you, buddy. Im glad that you and the bike were ok. Those mock races are a bad, bad idea. Haha

Just messing with you, buddy. Im glad that you and the bike were ok. Those mock races are a bad, bad idea. Haha

All good man, the mock races are a cluster fuck waiting to happen.  Hopefully the people who went down in expert and novice are alright as well.

Looking back the reason I wrecked is obvious....I even said it a bunch of times over the weekend, I was riding in too high of a gear and pushing hard in turns to make up for it.  I'm dumb as hell for not taking a session to pay attention to my revs and reconsider my shift points.  Also I expected a hard 211 front to perform the same as a medium slick.  

Watch to the last second....you will catch a glimpse me jogging away as a rider shoots of and splits between me and the bike.....little frightening in retrospect.  I knew all the guys who wanted to start in the back were coming, just wanted to get away from the edge of the track.  

Wow, that pic shows I need to work on my body position again. I'm hoping that was from earlier on Sunday when I was still brushing the cobwebs off.

Both days were a blast. The mock races were a cluster fuck. No red flags all day, then all 3 mock races ended quickly in a red flag.

My favorite session of the 2 days was the last one. I had some overheating issues and missed a session, talked Hollywood into going back out for the last one with me to make sure I had it fixed. We did 2 warm up laps to warm his tires and make sure my bike wasn't overheating, then our own race was on. It was a perfect session, cause pretty much everyone had packed it up early, there was only 1 other bike on the track. I followed Matt out of the pits after a quick stop to check my bike and we were off to the races. I chased him down for 4 laps or so before I finally made a move and got by on the outside into 10. I think I held him off for a lap or 2 but heard him on my ass the whole time. Then he came by me into turn 1 with a little bit of a late brake, but it pushed him a little wide and I snuck up the inside and got back in front. I just barely closed the door before he could get by into 2. I think we made 1 more lap before the checkered flag came out, and I could claim the unofficial OR king of intermediate, last session of the day, only bikes on the track crown!

That's my write up about the weekend.

Good to see everyone again, glad to meet John (osuyzfr1) and hope to see him at mid-o or maybe even a moto series race? Glad everyone was safe and came home in 1 piece. Can't wait to do it again next year!

Edited by TRMN8TR

Only missed a session and I was back out there  :easy_button:

Oh and if anyone wonders why my brake res is covered in electrical tape, the mount failed a couple sessions before.

upside+down.jpg

Lol nice pic. The bike looked surprisingly good for doing a complete barrel roll.

I had a freaking awesome time this weekend!  Long drive but well worth it.  Traveling with Brandon and John was great, they're both great dudes (and fast!).  Everyone in our group looked really good out there and we had a blast rockin the OR train. 

OSUYZFR1 and I had a nice little battle goin in the mock race for the 1 and 2 spot.  Brando and I had probably the most fun in the very last session when it was basically just me and him out there doin what we do, goin at it with some shagged out tires and turning some of our fastest laps.  It's great when there's no one else out there and you know and trust how the other guy rides... and you can literally stick within a couple feet of his rear wheel without being afraid he's gonna do something stupid.

Also had a scary moment a few sessions before that while chasing Brandon.  Just before I tipped into turn 3, his bike spit a bunch of slimy shit all over my face shield.  Scared the shit out of me because I couldn't see for a second and then I was worried I was gonna dump it in 3 because I wasn't sure what he had just dumped.  Made it to the pit and had Dan wipe my face shield real quick.  Then I went right to the chick who runs shit and told her to flag him in but she insisted that he was fine and it was probably just a huge bug that hit me, because you know, "we have those in Florida."  What?!  So I go back out and come in behind Brandon and his bike is overheating.  He overheated and blew a radiator hose which spit water wetter all over me.  Luckily he got everything fixed and we had that awesome last session.

Everyone ran great!  OSUYZFR1 (John) is super fast, Dan needs to come race with us, and Ryan should be killin it in 600 novice this year.  I didn't get to ride with the rest of the guys too much, but I know everyone had a blast.

Lots of pros on Monday:  Westby, Eslick, the Wymans, Kerr, De Keyrel, Fillmore, and others I'm probably forgetting.  Was cool to watch them and the couple that I talked to were really cool.

That's my write up and I'm stickin to it.

I have alot of work to do to be able to mix it up with you guys, seems like I was consistently 1-2 seconds off your lap times. I think I was in the wrong gear through 6-9 and maybe even coming off of 10-11. It was an awesome weekend overall and will keep me completely useless for the next 2 weeks at work. I learned a TON and cant wait to take what I learned to nelson or pirc and apply it and see how they change my times there. The oil on my rear tire took my confidence away for awhile... wish I could have followed you guys around some more, just not sure my legs could have taken it.

I will dump the pictures for each of you guys into a drop box or something. She has a ton to go though so it might be a week or two.

Also had a scary moment a few sessions before that while chasing Brandon.  Just before I tipped into turn 3, his bike spit a bunch of slimy shit all over my face shield.

it must have been very frightening to get facialed like that

First off, just want to thank Brandon and Matt for letting me tag along with them. I had a great time. Everyone looked good out there. Was good to meet everyone in person and ride with all of you. Hopefully see everyone throughout the year at MO or Motoseries events. Only issue I recall having was with steroid boy claiming I pinched him off because he ‘showed me a wheel’.  :rolleyes:

I’ll edit some video and post it up at some point.

First off, just want to thank Brandon and Matt for letting me tag along with them. I had a great time. Everyone looked good out there. Was good to meet everyone in person and ride with all of you. Hopefully see everyone throughout the year at MO or Motoseries events. Only issue I recall having was with steroid boy claiming I pinched him off because he ‘showed me a wheel’. :rolleyes:

Steroid boy!

Lol !

You should have stuffed him !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off, just want to thank Brandon and Matt for letting me tag along with them. I had a great time. Everyone looked good out there. Was good to meet everyone in person and ride with all of you. Hopefully see everyone throughout the year at MO or Motoseries events. Only issue I recall having was with steroid boy claiming I pinched him off because he ‘showed me a wheel’.  :rolleyes:

Was great meeting you, as we get closer to the Mid-O season I'll probably send you a PM....would love to get a tow there.

Had a great time. Awesome to meet everyone. I got a lot of seat time in and learned a lot. Need to get a steering damper and start pushing harder. Also need to stay off the infield. Thanks for everything!