DEKA batteries - any shops in OH carry them?

rayzzr

I bought a DEKA battery for my 06 KLR 650 years ago based on reviews at the time. They are made in PA, so I figured most places in OH would carry them. Their website only lists a battery store in Dayton, but wondering if there are any shops that would carry them closer to New Bremen (45869). I think they are also used in watercraft and golf carts, and I'd think some watersports or golf shops would carry them (Celina maybe?)

Sadly, most of the websites I go to that tell me they sell Deka batteries do the old 'bait-and-switch' and if you read closely they say they sell a replacement battery for the DEKA EXT9, not that actual manufacturer.

For the life of me I cannot recall where I bought the one for the KLR, but since I sold the bike to my brother in North TX, he tells me it never hesitates to fire. He rarely rides, so the fact the battery has not gone flat after months of it being idle is impressive (he does not use a battery tender).

I kept my OEM battery on a tender and it has lasted since 2007, but I find if it is off the tender for long it fades quickly. I'd rather replace it now than be stuck somewhere with a dead/weak battery.

Ok, then that explains it. I kept getting web 'hits' on Big Crank and PowerSonic batteries when I searched for the DEKA ones. Seems odd the after-market branded ones are easier to find (online at least) than the DEKAs. The one for the KLR was the actual DEKA labeling. As long as they are all the same quality, I could care less on the name they put on it.

Ok, then that explains it. I kept getting web 'hits' on Big Crank and PowerSonic batteries when I searched for the DEKA ones. Seems odd the after-market branded ones are easier to find (online at least) than the DEKAs. The one for the KLR was the actual DEKA labeling. As long as they are all the same quality, I could care less on the name they put on it.

Same reason exide batteries are rebadged.

Deka is a huge corporation. They don't care if they sell tons of batteries to one motorcycle manufacture labeling their product with their name or to sell it in a retail store under a different name. At the end of the day it's still a deka. There are only 2-3 major battery manufaxures in the us iirc and everything is rebadged.