Bias ply tire pressure vs radial pressure

o-no-moto

So I was wondering my 95 fzr 600 was factory equipped with 140 60 18 bias plys with I believe 40 psi rear tire pressure. Should I adjust pressure for a radial at all for better wear. Keep in mind I do alot of 2up riding with my smokin hot girl friend on the back..

They were fitting bias plys on a sport bike in 95?!?

the wifes 1993 shadow had a bia ply on the rear when we got it, but obviously thats a cruiser with a spoke wheel. I just ran the recomended pressure in it after i put a radial on.

I know what you mean. I had a jeep with plys on the front and radials on the rear and holy sheeeeit. It was like driving a bass boat

Rode in a TransAm that had the reverse, the radials were in front. At 50-60 it wouldn't stay on the roadway. Like a bucking bronco.

Chad, your bike surely doesn't outweigh mine and you + girlfriend = maybe 20-30 lbs more than me suited and solo. Now, I understand my rear is wider at 190 vs your 140 or 150, but you should be fine with running your radials around 38-40psi for 2-up and maybe 36ish single seated. Like we discussed at work bro, you will be hard pressed to find any single compound tire that'll outlast a dual compound for longer tire life and even wear. I love dual compounds on my 14. They tolerate a lot of slab work with commuting, but still grip well cornering at street paces/surfaces.