Anti Speeding Ad

HeavyDuty

Makes no sense. You should pay max attention all the time. Don't matter who is in the car.

I think you're reading magley's post too literally.  I took it as exert more effort to pay attention when you have distractions in the car, and use the argument that you're carrying precious cargo to fuel the concentration if it helps. 

I can honestly say I do not pay maximum attention all the time. Sometimes I spread my attention to adjusting the radio, or taking a phone call, or having a snack... I 1 hand the wheel, jam out to a cool song, check out cars parked for sale along the road way, and sometimes i stick my foot out the window... I'm still paying attention, and maintain control of my vehicle, but not directing my full attention to the road, 100% of the time.

Now when I have my one or all of my nieces and/or nephew in the car, I'm not inclined to suffer those distractions. I direct nearly my full attention to getting my nieces and/or nephew to their destination safely... I check and double check when pulling out into roadways, I have both hands on the wheel, i maintain speed within speed limits, and keep my eyes peeled for any situation that might impede my goal.

• Downvote 1

The presentation in that commercial confuses the point it's trying to make. It's part of an anti-speeding campaign that is trying to point out other drivers are going to make inattentive mistakes, but your speed can turn a minor accident (or even potential near-miss) into a life-threatening event for everyone.

These commercials explain the same idea better, I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-rCf3ScrCA

The presentation in that commercial confuses the point it's trying to make. It's part of an anti-speeding campaign that is trying to point out other drivers are going to make inattentive mistakes, but your speed can turn a minor accident (or even potential near-miss) into a life-threatening event for everyone.

These commercials explain the same idea better, I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-rCf3ScrCA

I think your right about presentation of the idea.

It is very tempting to ride over the speed limit but there are risks as well.

Secondary streets are very different from freeways and interstates.

Physics doesn't change.

Biker ESP FTW!

Edited by Strictly Street