Very interesting stuff about Honda Marysville Motorsports

Hoblick

first off i rarely write good things about dealerships so this is a rare thing lol

I popped into Honda Marysville Motorsports today (bought my Honda Grom from them) to talk to the GM  Conor.  They are a site sponsor now, and he is the one behind the screen name.

Had initial stopped into to discuss some other things, but we went from that conversation to a totally different one that was unexpected and i really enjoyed it.

I was expressing my thoughts and concerns about the dealership and how things are run and what not.  Overall i never really had a terrible experience with them anytime i had stopped in the shop, but thought there were things that could be better.  Conor expressed great interest in anyways he could make the experience at HM better.  Conor is a pretty cool dude to talk with , and very open minded to things i had to say.  

He also expressed to me things i really didn't get from the sales guys.  Things he is trying to push the sales guys to do.  The personal experience and bonding that should take place in visiting the shop.  Sharing not only the buying experience, but the passion of motorcycles, and the family atmosphere that goes with it.

He had a lot of questions on how to do things on OR.. basic stuff like where to post certain things, and where to put what posts.  He wanted to make sure he was following the forum rules, and also wanted to give the most he could to our community.

i gave him a few ideas for things he could do for the site and events that Ohio Riders might be interested in.

He had a great idea as well. Having one of there certified techs answer questions on the forum, and put up diagrams or things that would help forum members.  Along with Forum member discounts for parts and accessories.

Overall it was a really nice long talk and i enjoyed it.  Very surprised at his attitude and willingness to really be a genuine part of our motorcycle culture.

So expect some good things from him, and if your around Marysville you should stop in and bullshit with him and some of the other guys there.  

• Upvote 3

He also expressed to me things i really didn't get from the sales guys.  Things he is trying to push the sales guys to do.  The personal experience and bonding that should take place in visiting the shop.  Sharing not only the buying experience, but the passion of motorcycles, and the family atmosphere that goes with it.

Nice post Ryan. I have never been a fan of this place due to the fact of being raped on service on my Katana right after they opened. I also went in there to look at a VFR when I was looking to upgrade from the Katana, I was ignored by sales for the first 10 minutes I was in the building and then when a rep did approach me he told me the price on the sticker was the price no negotiations, I bolted. I have been back a few times to buy supplies since they are close and the atmosphere / service sucked. If he wants to be successful he has to build that relationship with his customers.

There used to be a Ski-doo dealer on 23 over in Delaware. It was the equivalent of the neighborhood barbershop. I would be there several Saturdays a month just to shoot the shit with the owners and their sons who were the mechanics. They cared about you as a customer, as a snowmobile enthusiast and as a person.

I will have to stop by Marysville Honda and see if things are improving. I hope he is successful in his endeavor and has the owners buy-in. If so I believe this will make them a successful dealership and improve their image.

Nice post Ryan. I have never been a fan of this place due to the fact of being raped on service on my Katana right after they opened. I also went in there to look at a VFR when I was looking to upgrade from the Katana, I was ignored by sales for the first 10 minutes I was in the building and then when a rep did approach me he told me the price on the sticker was the price no negotiations, I bolted. I have been back a few times to buy supplies since they are close and the atmosphere / service sucked. If he wants to be successful he has to build that relationship with his customers.

There used to be a Ski-doo dealer on 23 over in Delaware. It was the equivalent of the neighborhood barbershop. I would be there several Saturdays a month just to shoot the shit with the owners and their sons who were the mechanics. They cared about you as a customer, as a snowmobile enthusiast and as a person.

I will have to stop by Marysville Honda and see if things are improving. I hope he is successful in his endeavor and has the owners buy-in. If so I believe this will make them a successful dealership and improve their image.

At the end of the day, they are there to sell and service motorcycles (atv's, etc.), and accessories.  They SHOULD be all up in your grill and figure out what sort of customer you are, and how much of their assistance you require in making a decision and act accordingly.  

I HATE going somewhere and being hounded by high pressure (maybe just high attention?) sales persons, I would rather be left alone to look until I have questions.  I think MANY places fail in this.  On the flip side, it is nice to have someone greet you, maybe show you where what you are looking for is located, and know that they will be able to be found when/if you do need their help.

I really would not want a sales job!  :lol:

At the end of the day, they are there to sell and service motorcycles (atv's, etc.), and accessories.  They SHOULD be all up in your grill and figure out what sort of customer you are, and how much of their assistance you require in making a decision and act accordingly.  

I HATE going somewhere and being hounded by high pressure (maybe just high attention?) sales persons, I would rather be left alone to look until I have questions.  I think MANY places fail in this.  On the flip side, it is nice to have someone greet you, maybe show you where what you are looking for is located, and know that they will be able to be found when/if you do need their help.

I really would not want a sales job!  :lol:

I couldn't agree more. A welcome is a must IMO and a "hey do you have ant questions" if you've been wandering around the show room for 20 - 30 minutes if you haven't approached them. My gripe with this shop is that whether I was buying supplies, having service completed, enquiring about ordering parts for my trailer or enquiring about a new bike every person acted as if I was putting them out. I hope they are and continue to improve customer service. I have spoken with others that have had the same experience.

I've walking into showrooms with intentions of paying cash for a new bike and never got approached. Multiple times. I just walk away. It's either fate or I'm guilty of dressing down. I did not know I needed to dress up to buy a motorcycle.

Come to think of it, I used to get yelled at for "selling motorcycles" when I worked at the Honda shop. I wasn't a salesman, it wasn't my job.

• 1 month later...

I bought my 600RR there back in 08, I had a great experience and they stuck by their word.  I called in asking about the 600RR and they quoted me one price, I told them I was on my way to purchase.  Turns out I had the finance manager on the phone and he misquoted me by a longshot.  He admitted his mistake, stuck by his price and completed the deal, because of that I bought a few accessories to go with it.