My kid is testifying in DC again.

Tonik

Thursday morning the 16th at 9AM. Live at the link below and should be on one of the CSPAN's. Talking about the continued security issues with healthcare.gov and the broader issue of government IT security. The big issue is that if Target loses your info to hackers Target must tell you and Target is on the hook for your damages.  In the case of the Federal Government they are fully immune. They do not have to tell you and they do not have to cover your damages.

http://science.house.gov/hearing/full-committee-hearing-healthcaregov-consequences-stolen-identity

You are saying that ORC's 1347.12, 1349.19, 1349.191, 1349.192 in Ohio don't apply to you or Target? You may be in Enterprise IT but you better stick to that and get an opinion from a lawyer about disclosure laws before you get your company up shits creek.  At last count 46 States had the same or similar laws. As for identity theft protection I made no claim that anyone had to provide that. Your claim that I did is a lie. I also made no claim that Target had to pay for the fraudulent charges, I said they are on the hook for your damages. And they are. If there is any fraud the banks will pick that up, so you won't have a damage claim there. But other damages that may arise other than credit card fraud Target is most certainly on the hook.

Here is the link to the CSPAN video feed for the rest of you. Starts a little after 9 AM.  Should be good, the Dems have a pretty decent guy to provide the opposing view so it might be a bit more balanced than the last time.

http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

• 1 month later...