Pistol Training Aid

flounder

Im sure some of you have seen this on the absolute BS blog but I recently picked one up at SHOT Show and love it. 

Couple this with the LASR software and you basically have a simulated range anywhere you can setup a laptop and webcam. For any of you that are interested in improving your skills on your own time, I would recomend checking out these. 

http://nextleveltraining.com/   

SIRT Training Pistol  http://nextleveltraining.com/content/sirt-specifications

LASR Software  Overview  http://nextleveltraining.com/content/lasr-software-training-series

LASR software Purchase site   http://www.centrolutions.com/Projects/LASR

Edited by flounder
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind getting one but it's not exactly a cheap investment.  It would be great tool not just to help my self but the wife and sons also.

Seeing that they modeled it after a POS Glock I wonder if it will randomly explode just like the real ones.  :D

Very similar to what they have. If anyone in the north east wants to try this system out go to select fire in berea they have a similar set up. They also offer a sig p226 as one of the traing weapons they also have a glock. Very cool tool for sure i spend almost a hour playing with their simulator. It costs $15 for a 45 min block. Planning a trip with a group up there next month to rent it for a hour or two.

Right now, SIRT is only in the Glock or the new M&P. Depending on which model you get you could have $500 wrapped up in it but when you think about it, thats a 1 time cost. You dont have the cost of ammo, gas or time gettting too/from the range or rental fees,  and you can practice anywhere and everywhere so the versatility is amazing. 

I say you set it all up and I can come over tomorrow and play with it to see if I want to invest in it.  I'm working near Canal Winchester until Friday.

:D

Im probably working from home tomorrow so that may be an option. And I have targets from 300-700 that you can hit from the deck for rifle. :) If I had more steel I could get to 840 without ever leaving my deck. 

Edited by flounder

You are a BOSS for sure I shoot things I can see  with my irons.. LOL!!

Dont get me wrong 22 pistol with irons at 300 is definitely rocking kentucky windage/elevation but its not overly difficult and super fun. I think we were shooting at a big dirt clod out in the field

We were making hits on 8"x14" steel with 22 rifles at 400 a few months back in 15mph winds. Definitely not consistent but still fun. Biggest problem was running out of elevation in the scope.

At 165 yards we could pretty much stack a 2-3" group with the 22's

Edited by flounder

Im probably working from home tomorrow so that may be an option. And I have targets from 300-700 that you can hit from the deck for rifle.  :) If I had more steel I could get to 840 without ever leaving my deck. 

Oh...we need to make this happen but shooting outside right now would be, well a little cold as shit.  Not to mention I didn't bring my outerwear to be outside for long periods of time...I came down for work remember.  But I'm up for playing around with the SIRT/LASR stuff.  I'd bet I'm soooo bad of a shot right now I'd miss 9 out of 10.

Shoot me a text if you're serious and we can work out something.

BTW...Mambourg, Cox and I are meeting this evening for a few drinks and food out this way.  Short notice but if your not busy come on out.

Oh...we need to make this happen but shooting outside right now would be, well a little cold as shit.  Not to mention I didn't bring my outerwear to be outside for long periods of time...I came down for work remember.  But I'm up for playing around with the SIRT/LASR stuff.  I'd bet I'm soooo bad of a shot right now I'd miss 9 out of 10.

Shoot me a text if you're serious and we can work out something.

BTW...Mambourg, Cox and I are meeting this evening for a few drinks and food out this way.  Short notice but if your not busy come on out.

Cool

I cant do anything tonight but shoot me a text in the morning and Ill let you know if Im working from home or not. If you did want to take a crack at a long range target or 2, I have plenty of crap you could wear. Like I said, you only have to step out the back door onto the deck and that part of the house is shielded from the wind. 

It's a great tool to use with new shooters. We use SIRTs in our classes prior to live fire to work on Grip, Stance, Trigger etc.

We show them all the ways a bad trigger press deviates the shot.

We can talk about it all day but when someone new actually see what is happening it sticks.

That makes it much easier to correct in live fire when we reference back to it.

• Upvote 1