Midohio

rusty

I'll get lapped by the caboose!!

Negatory, it took every ounce of me testiculars to stick with you at Putnam. Had to wait on a mistake to get ya ;) and once you get that SV dialed, I'll be damn lucky to hang in any corner :D

I'd like to to a track day but I'm never able to make it line up due to work schedule plus I ride a 12 which is heavy and slow like a harley

Dude, bring that 12 out and play. My 14 is fatter than that, not to mention I'm fatter too, and I have a blast. It's not a race, it's a learning experience. Just wring whatcha bring! Edited by Hellmutt

Negatory, it took every ounce of me testiculars to stick with you at Putnam. Had to wait on a mistake to get ya ;) and once you get that SV dialed, I'll be damn lucky to hang in any corner :D

Dude, bring that 12 out and play. My 14 is fatter than that, not to mention I'm fatter too, and I have a blast. Just wring whatcha bring!

I very well may if I can can get time off from the boss I haven't seen too many track days on weekends if you know of any and are going let me know I'll see if I can swing it.

18th sounds good to me. Everyone talks about the track being at its best just after the races, so I was originally thinking of hitting the days following the races, but I'm game for either.

Would definately like to do some track days with u guys this spring/summerclassroombeen on the track once....there's a lot to learn, but it was kinda boring going solo last year...I have a lot of friends who talk shit about going but they never seem to b able to make it......time to find new friends I guess..ha!!

Did you do a novice school? Normally they keep you pretty busy...not sure how you could get bored with the running to and from the classroom. My second trackday, i was bored between sessions, but that was because I didnt bs with anyone till the day was pretty much over. Once you start to know the people who are pitting around you, there isn't enough time in the day.

sry...When I said bored I meant going by myself. ...it was a great experience over all...I really enjoyed it....plan on making a few more for sure...prolly will retake the novice class again...like I say..I still have a lot to learn but enjoy every minute of it. ..looking forward to meeting u all and picking up as many pointers as possible....everyone I met on last year's epic ride was kewl as shit and always willing to lend some knowledge and good advice.

Is Mid-Ohio pretty beginner friendly?  I plan on doing some track days there this year and I don't really know what to expect.  From the sounds of it I will stay busy.  I'm assuming I'll just have time to ride, park the bike and put tire warmers on, then go to a class room, then do the same thing over and over again.  Is that about right?

I would just run street tires in novice, really no need for a race tire and it will save you some time. I can honestly say I have only been to one track that I would say isn't noob friendly (it's not mido) with them towing you around there should be no issue.

I would just run street tires in novice, really no need for a race tire and it will save you some time. I can honestly say I have only been to one track that I would say isn't noob friendly (it's not mido) with them towing you around there should be no issue.

My track bike came with slicks so I plan on using those.  I just don't see a reason to buy tires when I already have some good ones.

I haven't rode Mid-O yet,but from watching racing there I can say that it's a lot more technical than Nelson Ledges or PIRC.

I have heard that Putnam is a great beginner track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have actually raced mid-ohio twice on road bicycles.  It's an amazing place.  After 10 or 15 laps the little uphill towards the end of the lap was a nightmare.

Putnam is about 6 1/2 hours from me, about the same as Summit.  I plan on hitting Summit once or twice this year, I may have to make a trip to Putnam as well.

Nelson Ledges and PIRC are probably closer than Putnam and Summit for you.

Still probably 5 hours or so .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summit is a little under 5 1/2 hours from me.  Nelson is 4 hours, PIRC is about 4 1/2 hours.  I'll have to check those tracks out and their schedules.  I know nothing about them.

I know I'm asking questions in both threads, but in my defense I simply never left the other one. After reading this, I'll post here.

Why so late? I'm anxious for a track day sooner. Plus, if the stars align, I'll have left Ohio by then...