Midohio

rusty

a 600 will reach terminal velocity on the back  stretch at mid-ohio. My gsxr's i ran -1 +2 on the stock motor and it would hold 500 under redline from the kink on. i dropped 2 teeth with the built motor and had the same result. (20hp difference).

gearing at mid-o is more for the technical sections as there can be quite a bit of short shifting between sections. I still have to figure it out better for race pace.

btw, with that gearing it would kiss redline leaned over on the small side of the tire in the kink and then return to 500 under. don't wanna find the limiter in 6th  in the kink... seriously. lol

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know what time the gates will open on Thursday the 17th for Friday's track day?

Anyone?  I'm trying to figure out what time I am going to leave work on Thursday to get there, get set up, and get some sleep.

a 600 will reach terminal velocity on the back  stretch at mid-ohio. My gsxr's i ran -1 +2 on the stock motor and it would hold 500 under redline from the kink on. i dropped 2 teeth with the built motor and had the same result. (20hp difference).

gearing at mid-o is more for the technical sections as there can be quite a bit of short shifting between sections. I still have to figure it out better for race pace.

Thanks, I am +1 -2 as well so I will leave it how it is for now.

I'll be der both days. :)

Rocking the same bike, but it is black and silver now. Yellow Plate #4.

what session are you running? I'm not sure which ones i'll be instructing.(it's been 5.5 yrs) but i'll be there both days as well. Black 07 GSXR w/red tank.

Gates typically open around 7.  There sometimes is a line, but I think they are allowing camping so, the gates may be open sooner.  See ya there Friday and Saturday...  Will be teaching the classroom stuff for Intermediate.  Basically, teaching you how to try and come to grips with the track.  We will talk how to take certain parts of the track and I will be watching from the keyhole, off back straight and carousel through the day and trying to help everyone along.

Gates typically open around 7. There sometimes is a line, but I think they are allowing camping so, the gates may be open sooner. See ya there Friday and Saturday... Will be teaching the classroom stuff for Intermediate. Basically, teaching you how to try and come to grips with the track. We will talk how to take certain parts of the track and I will be watching from the keyhole, off back straight and carousel through the day and trying to help everyone along.

Classroom for intermediate this year?

Weather is looking good for both days!

Gates typically open around 7.  There sometimes is a line, but I think they are allowing camping so, the gates may be open sooner.  See ya there Friday and Saturday...  Will be teaching the classroom stuff for Intermediate.  Basically, teaching you how to try and come to grips with the track.  We will talk how to take certain parts of the track and I will be watching from the keyhole, off back straight and carousel through the day and trying to help everyone along.

Thanks.  I'll plan on leaving the office around 3:00 or so then.