Midohio

rusty

If I had a way to get there with the bike without leaving at 4 to get there to prep the bike when I get there I would. I don't have a truck right now to haul it up. How much prep is there to get a street bike ready for the track?

i'd rent a uhaul pickup or something. Tracking a car and driving is one thing. But doing it with a bike is another story.  Believe me after a whole day you will be physically and most importantly, mentally drained. I personally wouldn't even try it, which is why i'm currently buying a pickup and sold my m3.

Novice group bike prep is simple.   So long as the bike's not leaking anything, plastics are all intact, brakes/tires/chain/sprockets are all in good shape, tape all the turn/head/tail lamps, pull the mirrors ( preferrably, but taping the glass will suffice ) remove the license plate ( preferrably, but taping the bolts will suffice ) and duct tape your wheel weights.   That's pretty much it, aside from your riding gear -- novice class is lenient.  Hop on their website and check out the requirements. 

http://www.midohio.com/School/Courses/Motorcycles/Performance-Track-Riding

I WILLLLL be running the GSXR's license plate :) it is a registered streetbike afterall... hahahhahaha

• Upvote 1

i'd rent a uhaul pickup or something. Tracking a car and driving is one thing. But doing it with a bike is another story.  Believe me after a whole day you will be physically and most importantly, mentally drained. I personally wouldn't even try it, which is why i'm currently buying a pickup and sold my m3.

Well with this info I'm out. I'll wait till I buy a truck unless I make the deal on one for my muscle car that I have in the works

Depending on where you are from im sure someone will have an empty spot.

I rode to pirc and back on my vfr. But I live 20 minutes away, I also dropped off a gas can the night before at Ryans pit

Edited by Jester_

This is the most talk of a group track day ever! That being said I will try to make it the 18th but plan hitting maore days before and after. I have a feeling the 18th will be a cluster with full groups and teams pulling in for the race.

Y

I plan on doing two or three track days prior to July 18th.  If I manage to get bumped up to intermediate by that time will it be a problem if I have already signed up as beginner?

if they have available spots in intermediate they let you change group.

Guys make sure your bikes are ready for tech,we been told not to pass any bike if is not correctly prep for the level rider sign up.make sure your brake pads are good.intermediate -advance level, oil drain plug,oil filter ,filler oil cap is safety wire,or silicone.tape your wheel weights,

Water wetter as coolent,make sure nothing is loose,last season so many riders show up and their rearsets ,bodywork,levers was loose .

Forks don't leak.

I tech one day 5 guys on street bikes who sign up for intermediate ,they only tape headlights and tail light,they have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask why they don't do the other stuff I mention above.they were not happy because i send them back to get their bikes prep and they going miss first session.so be ready,no exceptions.

• Upvote 1

Yif they have available spots in intermediate they let you change group.

Guys make sure your bikes are ready for tech,we been told not to pass any bike if is not correctly prep for the level rider sign up.make sure your brake pads are good.intermediate -advance level, oil drain plug,oil filter ,filler oil cap is safety wire,or silicone.tape your wheel weights,

Water wetter as coolent,make sure nothing is loose,last season so many riders show up and their rearsets ,bodywork,levers was loose .

Forks don't leak.

I tech one day 5 guys on street bikes who sign up for intermediate ,they only tape headlights and tail light,they have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask why they don't do the other stuff I mention above.they were not happy because i send them back to get their bikes prep and they going miss first session.so be ready,no exceptions.

Thanks. I guess I would be better off waiting until I do a track day or two to get a better feel for where I may be at that time. I'm just concerned that weekend will sell out early.

Thanks. I guess I would be better off waiting until I do a track day or two to get a better feel for where I may be at that time. I'm just concerned that weekend will sell out early.

Just prep it for intermediate beforehand in case you want to bump up from novice when you get there. That way you're covered either way.

This is the most talk of a group track day ever! That being said I will try to make it the 18th but plan hitting maore days before and after. I have a feeling the 18th will be a cluster with full groups and teams pulling in for the race.

Hell yes, OR invades MidO on AMA weekend....what beautiful chaos it shall be

You got until June ,nobody sign up that early in advance.

Def over prep if you can. It's not just for the higher groups, it's great for safety as well. Atleast the small safety wiring and taping and be sure to do a full inspection of everything. Make sure things are tight and continue to check as things will vibrate loose sometimes

• Upvote 1

Just prep it for intermediate beforehand in case you want to bump up from novice when you get there. That way you're covered either way.

I plan on it. I purchased a used track bike so it is fully prepped for all of the safety requirements.

Do they sell gas the 12 gets thirsty

Possibly, but doubtful.  We always carry and extra 5-10 gallons, but the wife's bike drinks less than a tank at a trackday so we'll likely have spare fuel -- as well as other's that may be gracious enough to dose up your bike

• 2 weeks later...

Getting ready to buy some gift certificates for myself.  Debating on buying four single day gift certificates or going with two single day gift cards and one two day gift cards.  Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Few questions: first, gear. I have a leather jacket with a 360° zipper to attach to leather pants, is that good enough? I also assume street gloves and boots are acceptable? 2nd, I have a set of shinko ravens on my bandit 1200. They feel fine for me for the street but should I get something stickier? I want to trailer down the 18th and do the novice course. I can lock wire my bike, just need to know what needs it besides the oil drain and filler cap. T.i.a. for the info.

Few questions: first, gear. I have a leather jacket with a 360° zipper to attach to leather pants, is that good enough? I also assume street gloves and boots are acceptable? 2nd, I have a set of shinko ravens on my bandit 1200. They feel fine for me for the street but should I get something stickier? I want to trailer down the 18th and do the novice course. I can lock wire my bike, just need to know what needs it besides the oil drain and filler cap. T.i.a. for the info.

Get better tires,Dunlop Q2,Q3,Michelin power,or cup,Brigstone 03 R/S.i see last season few people go down on the Shinko crap.