grrrr. issues with my build.

Gixxus Christ!

Can't get the parts I want for the price I want. I'm trying to build a 5.56 20" fluted stainless heavy barrel free float A3 upper rifle. I did find a kit that's close at k&b design and manufacturing....I even ordered it a week ago. Web site said they would contact me with shipping charges. I've sent 3 emails and called daily. No response. Nobody answers the phone. They had what I wanted for $585. I'm having issues finding the same thing in stock for the same-ish price. Can anyone help me out here?

I've never dealt with K&B before, so I cant vouch for 'em. But if you do end up buying from them and have issues with the upper, what kind of customer service can you honestly expect when they aren't even willing to sell in a timely fashion? I say red flag

Orders and even responses get delayed. There's still a huge demand. It might take a few days to even see them acknowledge the order. Did they show on website how long the delay for delivery would be? It's still probably 2 or 3 weeks, I think. Remember last year it was 6 to 9 months.

edit: Never dealt with K&B. So dunno what to expect.

Edited by ReconRat

Contacted a guy who runs an nfa shop out of his house in kent, told him what I wanted. Only thing he doesn't stock is a 20" stainless fluted heavy barrel. Asked him to get back to me with pricing.

Still don't know how to prevent k&n from charging my card eventually....

Couldn't be more wrong. You should never use a debit card for transactions. Use a credit card and pay it off each month. So much safer.

Sent while riding

That might change if we go to embedded chip style cards like the rest of the world uses. I think the change over is due in Oct 2014.

I don't buy shit I can't afford. If I don't have the cash for it, I don't get it till I do.

Same here. Aside from a vehicle or a home, I refuse to pay interest on things I want. You can contact the bank and stop payment like a normal checking account, correct? I've not done it with my check card but assume the rules still apply?

That might change if we go to embedded chip style cards like the rest of the world uses. I think the change over is due in Oct 2014.

I agree, it's about time we embrace the rest of the world's technology.

I don't buy shit I can't afford. If I don't have the cash for it, I don't get it till I do.

You don't get it. I don't buy it if I don't have the cash to back up my purchase. I still don't pay with my debit card though. That's for atm withdrawals and nothing more.

If your debit card or number is stolen and used it's a much larger pain in the ass to get your money back. If your cc is stolen and, it isn't your money to begin with. You place a fraud alert on your card and the fraudulent charges are dropped in less that 24 hours.

Using your debit card is the equivalent to giving someone your bank account and asking that they be honest and don't take your money. If you are stubborn and still plan to use your debit card, at the least run it as a credit, so the less than honest don't get your PIN.

Sent while riding

I always run it online as credit.

I have fraud protection on it just like a credit card.

They haven't charged my account yet (I think they're out of business) so I don't have their information to give to the bank as far as what entity the charge will come from. Ie: a diner in Akron called 'the lamp post' charges your account from 'Navarre two'. My only real recourse is to get a new card with a different number and then go through the hassle of updating paypal etc with the new info.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

I could build if I had to. I can get everything but the barrel I want from my guy in kent. I'm sure he has head spacing gauges I could use. 20" fluted stainless heavy barrel. I'll take a bull barrel if it's all I can find and cut some 1/2-28 threads on it in my dad's lathe.