School principle does not like gun image on "no guns" sign

scottb

This is a few days old, and got notice of the link from another firearm forum.

Cliff noted summary is a Chicago school principal do not like the image of a gun on the "No Guns " sign, which has the red circle with the line through it. 

http://news.yahoo.com/school-officials-deeply-troubled-over-guns-appearing-signs-044012095.html

Quote from the article:

“It is bothersome to have to post a sticker of a gun that says, ‘Hey, folks, leave your guns at home,’” Theresa Nolan, principal of Tinley Park High School, told the SouthtownStar.

Nolan stressed that she is very concerned with “safety and security” and concerned that, somehow, someone could wrongly interpret an image of a gun emblazoned with the universal sign for prohibiting something.

“I think the general public will be alarmed by it and wonder if people have been allowed to bring guns to school in the past,” Nolan also fretted.

She said she would prefer “something more subtle.”

“You can’t look at this (sticker) and not think about Sandy Hook,” the principal added.

My Thoughts:

How can you "wrongly interpret " a sign with any picture and a red line through it, ( think of a no parking sign)

Somehow, when I see a stick of a firearm, i do not think of Sandyhook, may because I am not an educator.

As I get older, I realize there are too many dumb people with too much time on there hands.

Maybe I can use the same excuse for a speed limit sign. It does say speed limit, but does clearly state whether it is a lower limit or a maximum limit.