Gun clubs/ favorite shooting ranges

Jhaynes08

Where do you guys like to shoot at? What do you folks enjoy shooting, pistol, shotguns (skeet, trap, sporting clays), rifle. 
I go out to Ashtabula Rod and gun club to shoot skeet and for the action pistol and three gun events. always a good time. 

I drive out to Briar Rabbit just south of Zanesville.  Nice place that they are constantly updating.  If you do go out there you gotta excuse the mud for a while though as they have changed so much stuff that the grass hasn't had a chance to grow back yet in many places.

For some indoor fun, I have a membership at Ohio Valley in Lancaster. Theres never a wait to get a lane! For my longer range needs I shoot at Fresno Gun club in Coshocton. I love it because there is a 50 yd fully enclosed indoor rimfire range that I shoot benchrest at.

I shoot at Lake County Rod and Gun and at my father-in-law's property. I don't go to public ranges anymore. Muzzle sweep is not for me.

Ugh, the amount of times I have been a situation where I felt uncomfortable in a public range is far too high. Just seeing the number of negligent discharges into the roofs, floors, and walls makes me nervous. I think I even posted a thread here a while back about how I found 380 brass that had been up-sized to what looked like 40S&W at the neck.

And suggestions for NEO besides B&T in Lorain?

Sent from my iPhone.

Sherwin Shooting Sports  in Willowick was nice when I've gone. The best feature to me is its a straight cost, not an hourly rate. Its also easy to miss, since its right in the city 10 feet from a building on one side, a dealership on the other, and across the road from apartments; thought it was a bit unusual. The only times I have been there were during the day on a weekday, so I cannot comment on the normal patrons. There is also Stonewall range, but I've found the majority of workers to be twats and the patrons even bigger ones. A & A Shooting and Hunting (yes that's the correct URL) in Garrettsville is also a pretty nice outdoor range where you can shoot something different than paper. Bonus is that its less than 5 minutes from Nelson's

I haven't tried Select Fire yet, but with speedy's recommendation I guess I'll have to.

If you are on the west side of cleveland give select fire a try i like it much better then the other local ranges. Before it opened i was driving down to riverside range in cuyahoga falls. I stopped going to stonewall awhile ago.

Personally I enjoy shooting at my buddy's dads place. But having a range option is nice for when I just want to go put a box or two through. I'll have to check that place out.

Sent from my iPhone.

My buddy from work has a place in grafton we shoot at in the summer. But its nice to have somewhere to shoot in the winter.

Yea my buddy's dad's place is off 82. And I like it because it affords me to do things I can't do at the range like drawing from concealment, moving and shooting, mag reloads, failure situations. In a range all I can do is point and shoot. But snow is a bitch and I need a backup plan for those rainy days.

Sent from my iPhone.

I have a couple buddies that let us use their private land, but I'm a local Fish n Game member too.   There's supposed to be a long range at Dawg Valley Gun Club in Covington Ohio that is reaching out to 800 yds.   Planned to join last year, but never got around to it.   I may look into that this year and see if the long range is ready yet.