Anyone own a Versys?

ScubaCinci

I have not owned a V-Strom 650 but I did ride one for more than 1,000 miles. No two-up riding, however. The V-Strom is probably a little better two-up than the Versys, if only because it has a better seat and a bit more weight. But the Versys is far better two-up than I expected it to be when I bought it. That was one of the surprises. My wife rides with me only on short day trips, so two-up was not a major part of my buying decision, but the Versys does better than other bikes its size.

I have not owned a V-Strom 650 but I did ride one for more than 1,000 miles. No two-up riding, however. The V-Strom is probably a little better two-up than the Versys, if only because it has a better seat and a bit more weight. But the Versys is far better two-up than I expected it to be when I bought it. That was one of the surprises. My wife rides with me only on short day trips, so two-up was not a major part of my buying decision, but the Versys does better than other bikes its size.

That's cool. I think the Versys is probably a tad better in town too. I love my Strom, and she beats the heck out the cruiser she replaced, but urban riding prefers lighter weight, a shorter wheel base and a shorter rake, and the Versys has that. I think anyone would be happy with the Strom or the Versys. I'm keeping my Strom though :-D.